Covid and Goodison..

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinkyali

Player Valuation: £40m
With hope that we will be in our new stadium for 2024/25 season, I wonder if Covid is going to mean some of us have gone to Goodison for the final time?

Heavily restricted crowds for the remaining period of 2021, probably season ticketers only in 2022 and 2023, it could mean many non season ticketers won't get the chance to go before we move.

I don't think they will you know.. mass gatherings will not be the same for a very very long time. We could be looking at 50% crowds for a few years as was mentioned by 'experts' recently..

Don't see it like that tbh.

Everyone will have been offered a vaccine by the end of the year so normality will have to follow. Otherwise we're basically saying the vaccines aren't that effective. I'm not saying there will be full stadiums at the start of next season but id be very surprised if there isn't full stadiums by spring 2022.

i dont think so - I dont think BMD, will actually start til it is clear that crowds will / are fully back so risk is negligable IMHO; there will be at least 2 years of full crowds, probably with BMD pushed back a year

Don't see it like that tbh.

Everyone will have been offered a vaccine by the end of the year so normality will have to follow. Otherwise we're basically saying the vaccines aren't that effective. I'm not saying there will be full stadiums at the start of next season but id be very surprised if there isn't full stadiums by spring 2022.
They will still insist on social distancing in public.. and masks.

Guarantee you will not have 36,000 at goodison in the next 2 years...

People thinking life will go hold for another 3 years are quite insane.

People will be free to be cautious if they want, but I just can't see how things won't be different in 12 months. Only way that happens is if the vaccines stop working and thankfully I dont see that happening.

The idea of 3 years more of this would not be good for frame of mind!

People will be free to be cautious if they want, but I just can't see how things won't be different in 12 months. Only way that happens is if the vaccines stop working and thankfully I dont see that happening.

The idea of 3 years more of this would not be good for frame of mind!
In 12months you would assume the whole country would have had about 3 jabs.

Of course mutations are the unknown here, but the world wont and cant cope with another 3 years of "this".

The trouble is no one knows. Wouldn't be so bad if they could say small crowds etc then have a time frame.
I'm gutted I didn't travel up for the Palace game last season. Was my only chance to go to a home game. Was going to take my son as well. He saw us away at Brighton and West Ham but its fair to say we didn't exactly set either ground on fire.

They will still insist on social distancing in public.. and masks.

Guarantee you will not have 36,000 at goodison in the next 2 years...

I can definitely see masks being worn but I just can't see there not being full crowds for 3 years. The idea that people will be forced to carry on like this for another 3 years is mad.

There will come a point once everyone has been offered a vaccine where things go back to normal. People will be free to be cautious if they want and thats fine, but people won't be stopped from doing the things they enjoy.

Who knows. Away fans may be banned for next few years or so.
I dont see it personally.

Football, IMO and most things will be back to a degree of normality within 12months.

There would have been full stadiums in September this year if not for the 2nd peak, the hope is that vaccines mean we have seen our last peak.

But hey, I don't have a crystal ball, its just my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.