Votes: 10 38.5%
  • The finest Extra Mature Cheddar melted on seeded batch loaf

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OneTrueLegend

Player Valuation: £35m
Having watched Chelsea have a lot of joy with this formation this year, it has lead me to question; Could we play 3-4-3?

With the players we have got and the lack of a creative central midfielder, I think we could use this to our advantage;

upload_2016-12-2_12-13-3.png

http://formation-x.com/en/formation/everton.html

Starting from the back, I have placed Funes Mori in the middle of the 3, as he is probably quicker than Williams and Jags, so can get across to support. Holgate could also come in to replace one of these 3

Baines as LWB and Coleman as RWB. both of them are used to getting forward on a regular basis in the current formation, so this change wouldn't be a massive stretch for them.

Barry and Gueye in the middle, primarily as holding players, the main difference will be that when they pick up the ball their options for a pass will either be out wide, or up to Lukaku, rather than a short pass to Barkley

Upfront Lukaku's role is fairly unchanged, the main change is that the two wide players will tuck in more and get into the box when the wing backs get forward, to provide support to Lukaku and probably wouldn't have to defend as much. I have gone for Bolasie and Lennon, but could be done with Mirallas and Del.

Thoughts?

Having watched Chelsea have a lot of joy with this formation this year, it has lead me to question; Could we play 3-4-3?

With the players we have got and the lack of a creative central midfielder, I think we could use this to our advantage;

View attachment 31832

http://formation-x.com/en/formation/everton.html

Starting from the back, I have placed Funes Mori in the middle of the 3, as he is probably quicker than Williams and Jags, so can get across to support. Holgate could also come in to replace one of these 3

Baines as LWB and Coleman as RWB. both of them are used to getting forward on a regular basis in the current formation, so this change wouldn't be a massive stretch for them.

Barry and Gueye in the middle, primarily as holding players, the main difference will be that when they pick up the ball their options for a pass will either be out wide, or up to Lukaku, rather than a short pass to Barkley

Upfront Lukaku's role is fairly unchanged, the main change is that the two wide players will tuck in more and get into the box when the wing backs get forward, to provide support to Lukaku and probably wouldn't have to defend as much. I have gone for Bolasie and Lennon, but could be done with Mirallas and Del.

Thoughts?

I might give it a ;) if you get rid of Lennon and put Del there :)

To play the formation you need a CM that will drive the ball and offer creativity.

Thats the thing we lack, no matter which formation we play.

People keep having a pop at Ronny for playing 4-2-3-1, but we simply dont have many other options.

Wait till we sign the boy Morgan, another CM and a striking option, then Ronny can switch things about.

Till then we are limping towards the January window, which is what I said we would do after the utter joke of a Summer transfer window.

Nowhere near enough pace to play 3-4-3. As we saw at Chelsea away, Jagielka, Barry and Williams were completely exposed and overran. Mori's pace helps but his tendency to dive in means hes not suited to 3 at the back either.

I wouldn't trust Baines to play such a physically demanding role at his age..

The average age of the team you've just posted must be about 47.

To play the formation you need a CM that will drive the ball and offer creativity.

Barry out Barkley in.

With 3 centre backs we shouldn't need Barry's protection. If Barkley ever wants to fulfill his potential he's got to be playing centre mid in my eyes. He can do ridiculous damage from that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.