2022/23 Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very much agree in principle. However, I do believe that has now worked out for the best. Digne is ageing and is also not setting the world on fire at Villa. His fee allowed us to get 2 players in, both of whom are pretty great.
Agreed, digne can't defend he's a fraud

The thing about him, as well as Tarkowski to be fair, is because they don’t rely on speed or anything like that you could easily see them playing at the very same level at about 34 or 35 at least really. £12m for him will be a snip.

We’ll hopefully have our CBs sorted with him, Tarkowski, Godfrey and Branthwaite for years to come, as well as both full backs and it’ll all have cost only about £60m for the lot, insane value in this day and age.
Reece Welch and Ryan Astley are coming into their own as well. Lot to be excited about just need to keep building and being patient. Need to get Coady permanent sorted soon, I want it done the second the winter window opens.

3516E230-9C24-48BF-959A-521F051876B1.png
E368562E-9A60-4A0F-A354-F82A1CC27DC4.png

He's so good, can't believe Wolves let him go.
He's a proper leader as well, can tell he just wants everyone to do well. Hope we get him on a permanent deal.
Is there a fee agreed. Because the more important he becomes the more wolves have us over a barrel.
Sacked their manager too so new man might have new ideas

I think the 4 at the back thing was a smoke screen. The new manager came in and wanted to be in total control. Do things his way so to speak. Cody is very vocal, even his first training session with us you could hear him shouting, congratulating etc. Obviously Frank has bought into that whereas the wolves manager didn't want it.
Just a though like.
Yeah, if you are trying to make a mark on a team - coady might be a difficult personality in that he is so big loud and influencial.
Coach gives instructions, coady chips in, coach feels undermined.
Think you know what you get with coady. Play to his strengths and he is an asset.

He will be 30 next year. He's still operating at a high level, doesn't appear to be carrying any long term knock and does have a lean build which should help him stay fit but 12m for a 30 year old next year seems steep. I guess there are enough examples of defenders playing deep into their 30s for it to not be too much of an issue. Depending how his fitness goes for the balance of the season yep I'm in...

Bit sad when our two elder recruits are fitter than all our younger hungry players hoping to have cemented a place by now.

He will be 30 next year. He's still operating at a high level, doesn't appear to be carrying any long term knock and does have a lean build which should help him stay fit but 12m for a 30 year old next year seems steep. I guess there are enough examples of defenders playing deep into their 30s for it to not be too much of an issue. Depending how his fitness goes for the balance of the season yep I'm in...

Bit sad when our two elder recruits are fitter than all our younger hungry players hoping to have cemented a place by now.
12m for an international player, a premier League captain ( one of the best ) playing at a high level, local lad who clearly relishes playing for us.

Seems a bargain at the moment.

12m doesn't get you much these days

Status
Not open for further replies.