Confirmed Signing Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
But no doubt you'll say it's 1 individual that's the reason why Wolves have a very good defence.
- 98% of CDs in the league won more aerial duels than Coady last season
- +80% of CDs in the league had higher success rate in aerial duels than Coady last season
- +85% of the CDs in the league had more successful tackles than Coady last season
- +90% of the CDs in the league had more interceptions than Coady last season
- +90% of the CDs in the league recorded more pressures than Coady last season
- 97% of the CDs in the league won the ball more than Coady last season

Guess which individual from the very good defence they are happy to get rid of?

Coady is a good leader and good on the ball, but he does not defend. Never have. Never will.

I know. As mentioned, Jose Sa had a season we've hardly seen before in this league.

You should always be careful to only look at stats, but it is crazy to ignore them. Teams created a lot of chances against Wolves last season. That is a fact.

Under normal circumstances (Jose Sa not being Superman) they would have conceded a lot more. If xGA is used to measure the chances they gave up, Wolves' defence was 16th in the league (Everton were 11th).

Wolves goalkeeper's save percentage last season was 78. Everton's was 65.

Nonsense tbh. Maybe teams had pot shots because they couldn’t break down their defence.
You are claiming that teams that conceded almost twice as many were better defensively ?

I know. As mentioned, Jose Sa had a season we've hardly seen before in this league.

You should always be careful to only look at stats, but it is crazy to ignore them. Teams created a lot of chances against Wolves last season. That is a fact.

Under normal circumstances (Jose Sa not being Superman) they would have conceded a lot more. If xGA is used to measure the chances they gave up, Wolves' defence was 16th in the league (Everton were 11th).

Wolves goalkeeper's save percentage last season was 78. Everton's was 65.

Well I can tell you right now that is absolute nonsense because I watched enough of our defenders to know we were the worst defence outside of the bottom 2 last season. Stats are a complete irrelevance, look at some of the goals we gave away and tell me with a straight face our defence was better than Wolves’ and 9 other teams.

- 98% of CDs in the league won more aerial duels than Coady last season
- +80% of CDs in the league had higher success rate in aerial duels than Coady last season
- +85% of the CDs in the league had more successful tackles than Coady last season
- +90% of the CDs in the league had more interceptions than Coady last season
- +90% of the CDs in the league recorded more pressures than Coady last season
- 97% of the CDs in the league won the ball more than Coady last season

Guess which individual from the very good defence they are happy to get rid of?

Coady is a good leader and good on the ball, but he does not defend. Never have. Never will.

Where are you getting these stats from, you absolute fanny? He was top 5 for blocks and top 20 for headed clearances for a start

Status
Not open for further replies.