Confirmed Signing Confirmed: Davy Klaassen -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was very critical of this signing when it was announced and was pretty vocal about being seriously underwhelmed.

For what it's worth, and to go against the grain, I've been impressed with his performances so far. Rusty and ineffective but clearly seriously intelligent, the best one touch passing I've seen at everton, and already evidenced some of his movement and runs.

Think he will go on to be a very important player over the season.

He did have a mixed game overall but it's preseason and anyone saying he's crap based on that is on the wind up.

Thought he was all effort and little else most of the first half but started the second half really well.
Some really sharp moments and some really slick passing.

He definitely needs to get a few more games under his belt (as with everyone else) but I think he'll be a really good addition to the squad.

State of this thread. So what if he is slight upgrade on Naismith. At least we are moving in the right direction.

Some top notch winds ups. In my estimation, I reckon Davy will prove to be quite a solid player for us in time. His one touch ability and vision is apparent.

I learned when I was 4 or 5 that pre season performances or results in friendlies had absolutely no correlation to a players or teams performances or results when in competition once the season starts. Of course it would be nice to play like barca and tonk everyone 9-0 and everyone play like messi in these games but that would only encourage Geordie like behaviour amongst our already confused millenial fans and other easily excitable biffs that scrutinise them like it's a champions league final. So I'll lay off ripping into him for the time being and wait to see what's what once the season starts.

It's typical for a player new to the Prem to take an entire season to settle in, top notch players included. Mystified why people are writing him off already before the season has even started.

I learned when I was 4 or 5 that pre season performances or results in friendlies had absolutely no correlation to a players or teams performances or results when in competition once the season starts. Of course it would be nice to play like barca and tonk everyone 9-0 and everyone play like messi in these games but that would only encourage Geordie like behaviour amongst our already confused millenial fans and other easily excitable biffs that scrutinise them like it's a champions league final. So I'll lay off ripping into him for the time being and wait to see what's what once the season starts.

Hahaha, great post mate I agree 100%.

I'll have to make a citizens arrest on anyone who isn't prepared to give this lad more that 3 pre season games before slating him.

Put your hands on your keyboards and prepare to cry.

Is right Groucho mate, I watched last seasons pre season games v MK Dons and Dresden / Real Betis and thought we were proper crap and going to get relegated. Couldn't believe what I was seeing when the season started...

Koeman surprised me to be honest.

Is right Groucho mate, I watched last seasons pre season games v MK Dons and Dresden / Real Betis and thought we were proper crap and going to get relegated. Couldn't believe what I was seeing when the season started...

Koeman surprised me to be honest.
...it continued after the first five games of the season until his £27M signing hobbled out the first team, and then we played to feet through midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.