Complaints about VAR..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudolf Hucker

Player Valuation: £30m
The technology is fantastic. I always wanted it and I want it to stay.

The problem is the utter incompetence of those making the calls.

Lamela v Martial. There’s only one player I’d send off there & that's Lamela for the pathetic play acting.

How do these idiots make so many bad calls week in, week out? They get to view it as many times as they like, yet still make inexplicable decisions.

Get a panel of ex pros on VAR duty now!

Hate VAR.

Football is all about emotion and pace. VAR sucks the joy out of the game imo.

Interestingly the Caraboa cup doesn’t use VAR up to semi finals and is all the better for it

How long have you been a Blue?

Clive Thomas, Mark Clattenburg, Graham Poll, just about every incompetent that ever reffed the game has cost us. Colina was supposed to be the best in the world ffs!

The technology is what’s needed. The officials are the problem.

Yeah I know we get the rough end esp at certain grounds and to an extent VAR has improved since last season but it’s still a long way from perfect.

And Bailly should have gone for his stamp on Kane shortly after the Lamela incident but no intervention

As with most technology there is nothing wrong with the technology itself, the problem is how people use it.

Exactly, tech has improved every sport bar football, mainly because the refs are so bad. None of them have a football brain, i wish ex players would go into reffing after they retire, like cricket umpires, but no they spend years gobbing off to them and are too cowardly to show them how it's done.

Yeah I know we get the rough end esp at certain grounds and to an extent VAR has improved since last season but it’s still a long way from perfect.

And Bailly should have gone for his stamp on Kane shortly after the Lamela incident but no intervention

......and Shaw should have gone too.

Like I said, it’s not the technology, it’s the idiots running it.

Lamela v Martial. There’s only one player I’d send off there & that's Lamela for the pathetic play acting.

How do these idiots make so many bad calls week in, week out? They get to view it as many times as they like, yet still make inexplicable decisions.

if you want VAR to stay then you've got to accept the subjectiveness of making a call -- and that means there'll always be bad decisions.

Clive Thomas, Mark Clattenburg, Graham Poll, just about every incompetent that ever reffed the game has cost us. Colina was supposed to be the best in the world ffs!

The technology is what’s needed. The officials are the problem.
But ultimately all the decisions, VAR or no VAR, are made by officials!

If you actually plan to follow the laws of the game you can't send Lamela off. Best is maybe a yellow, but even that is murky.

But ultimately all the decisions, VAR or no VAR, are made by officials!

The officials need changing! How I see it with 8 different camera angles in super slow motion, they can still come up with bewilderingly bad decisions week in week out?

Need ex players doing the job.

If you actually plan to follow the laws of the game you can't send Lamela off. Best is maybe a yellow, but even that is murky.

It’s not that long ago since bans were being handed out for simulation. What happened to that?? Lamela should be getting a 6 match ban for that at least.

And how did Pogba stay on? How did Shaw stay on??

The technology is not the problem.

I like VAR being there, it has made players who would usually easily go down in the box think twice.

Just need to get it to work in line with the spirit of the game rather than to the word of the rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.