Commercial Revenue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a problem, a big one, has been for years and its the only way we will compete, we could really do with improving it. I think its something that the club are very poor at.

Isnt it Sashas responsibility though..........................................

An african gambling company and the Angry Birds kit sponsorships look pathetic if we’re being honest

Looks like a relegated Ligue 1 side

We have many reasons to feel a little inadequate at present... I'm just not convinced the geographical location of our online gambling overlord is one of those.

Seems a long time ago since we agreed the USM Finch Farm deal doesn’t it?

Since then it’s all dried up, we have re-agreed a terrible kit manufacturing deal in comparison to our rivals and there seems to be no new ideas.

Has anything really changed since Elstone left?

DBB pulling her weight? Or is it as we feared a Kenwright style in-house promotion?

Discuss;

I would imagine commercial success is laid in a multitude of steps, many not seen by the outside viewer. No idea what KBB and her team are doing, but would hope their goals are loftier than Elstone's appeared to be.

I would think the shirt sponsor would be the biggest goal commercially, but any club making headway will seek to improve every aspect of their commercial activities. But SportPesa is signed until 2022, and I assume there aren't any outs until after the third year in that contract.

Also, Everton were pretty quick to add a sleeve sponsor after that began with PL clubs.

And they added USM as a training facility sponsor recently.

And the Sure sponsorship is recent.

So I presume their activity on these fronts represents a commitment to getting deals done.

Also, Farhad bought the Liver building, which isn't a commercial sponsorship per se, but I think it should be included in the same group of activities, and he seems keenly interested in such stuff.

Give KBB some time and let's see what results. And if the results on the pitch improve, everything else will naturally improve as well.

I would imagine commercial success is laid in a multitude of steps, many not seen by the outside viewer. No idea what KBB and her team are doing, but would hope their goals are loftier than Elstone's appeared to be.

I would think the shirt sponsor would be the biggest goal commercially, but any club making headway will seek to improve every aspect of their commercial activities. But SportPesa is signed until 2022, and I assume there aren't any outs until after the third year in that contract.

Also, Everton were pretty quick to add a sleeve sponsor after that began with PL clubs.

And they added USM as a training facility sponsor recently.

And the Sure sponsorship is recent.

So I presume their activity on these fronts represents a commitment to getting deals done.

Also, Farhad bought the Liver building, which isn't a commercial sponsorship per se, but I think it should be included in the same group of activities, and he seems keenly interested in such stuff.

Give KBB some time and let's see what results. And if the results on the pitch improve, everything else will naturally improve as well.

*Ok, it's Ryazantsev who's in charge of commercial deals apparently, and not KBB. So while she's running things, he's a board member and directly accountable to the board, so all of this is on him and not directly on her.

We have many reasons to feel a little inadequate at present... I'm just not convinced the geographical location of our online gambling overlord is one of those.

It doesn't really matter if it is from Africa, it just makes it more obscure.

A gambling shirt sponsor = small time

Commercial wise Everton has always been pretty pathetic over the past 10 years or longer in the Premier League Era :-(
There has been slowly gradual improvement since Moshiri has entered the equation thankfully and although not totally impressive compared to other 'rivals' its a start :)

People can complain about being sponsored by Sports Pesa as its african or sponsors betting but they pay us 9.6 m a year compared to the 5.3 million Chang Beer paid ! And it has also provided promotion of us in Africa with the Sports Pesa Cup etc ! Lots of people here used to complain you'd never see anything advertised about Everton in Asia when we were sponsored by Chang so at least there has been some movement with that in Africa?

Side deals of Angry Birds, Sure etc are great too

The Kitbag deal affected a lot of way how commercial revenue could have been increased by club as the only way for buying a jersey was the 2 club stores in Liverpool and on website ,which isnt too great, if you live abroad like I do, and your waiting well over a month for a jersey :-( Also at certain periods of time and with players, the commercial division never tried or targetted certain countries :-( Tim Cahill with Australia, Landon Donovan and Tim Howard with USA, Li Tie and Li WeiFeng with China :-(

Also the out sourcing of food/beverages from Goodison Park :-(

Hopefully in the future all these kind of issues can be rectified and add extra income pools for the club :)

Training Camps and friendlies in different regions of world too and use the nationalities of current players to promote friendlies :) In France this year, Everton has got great promotion on tv due to Digne, Zouma and Schneiderlin and also Gana Gueye as he came through Ligue 1 :)

Everton at the moment is getting smothered by the commercial power and media coverage of the so called top 6 but all of this can be targetted at and eaten into if we target in the right way :)

We need to aim like we are Hagen Das :) Special and exclusive just for the few with taste first and then go take the whole slice of the commercial pie when the floating fans want to have something different to the sad bland brands of 'top 6' football clubs

Seems weird that people want to bash DBB all the time, what do you want her to actually do
Not being funny - - - but could somebody explain what she does for Everton F C, she does talk a lot about EITC, fair enough, but I am only interested in what happens on the field, while appreciating what happens at EITC.

Not being funny - - - but could somebody explain what she does for Everton F C, she does talk a lot about EITC, fair enough, but I am only interested in what happens on the field, while appreciating what happens at EITC.

Well she is the CEO, so basically in charge. In effect, she takes her instructions from Moshiri, and ensures the other parts of the club deliver them, be they stadium related, commercial related, etc etc.

Pretty much what Daniel Levy does for Joe Lewis(?) at Spurs. In theory anyrate. Cos I think she leaves the transfer negotiations to others.

Well she is the CEO, so basically in charge. In effect, she takes her instructions from Moshiri, and ensures the other parts of the club deliver them, be they stadium related, commercial related, etc etc.

Pretty much what Daniel Levy does for Joe Lewis(?) at Spurs. In theory anyrate. Cos I think she leaves the transfer negotiations to others.

Its hard to say who really does what these days, everything seems to have been departmentilised.

1 thing we defo know is that Brands does the football aspect, everything else I think is spread around.

Its hard to say who really does what these days, everything seems to have been departmentilised.

1 thing we defo know is that Brands does the football aspect, everything else I think is spread around.

Probably is. The Russian fella is commercial/dosh stuff, Brands footie, not entirely sure what else, other than general admin and making sure a banned player doesnt play sort of stuff, there actually is mind.
Meetings must be pretty short.

Status
Not open for further replies.