Come on lads, it's time for the wailing an gnashing of teeth to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the only bright side from this - there's no possible way we can sink any lower. We've just proven the Shankly adage that the two main teams in the city are Liverpool and Liverpool U21s.

The reactions on here are way over the top. We have had many, many worse performances over the years I know it hurts but are you really surprised? We were playing at anfield, we haven't won there in over 20 years. Personally I didn't watch, knew what was coming, deep down we all did if we're honest.
Against better opposition, we have had worse performances. With worse players in our side we have had worse performances. With the level of investment in our squad, the wages we pay, against reserve team players and youth teamers I'm struggling to think of many worse. Tranmere and Shrewsbury spring to mind but not many.

What I'm surprised about is that so many people seem to think it's no big deal and even more surprising is that there is a whole thread to that effect authored by, of all people, @davek. I feel like I have slipped into a parallel dimension. (Someone will now say they wish I would or something equally pithy).

It was another loss to a decent bunch of Liverpool players with a pretty untalented Everton team.

This is what happens with the Everton team erected in the last 3 seasons or so with too much cash. This is the Zombie Everton lingering on.

Let's hand Carlo the tools to transform us and get these players out and his own better quality players in.

I dont even consider this ground zero. That happened weeks ago at Anfield with that 5-2 mauling. Decisions were taken then which ended up with us having a genius manager in our dugout. As long as he's backed, he'll get us our position and status back in a couple of seasons.

Five or six of Ancelotti type players in to add to a small handful of the current lot and we'll be a different proposition next season. It's going to get better. Much, much better.
Agree Dave,I'm hoping this is a massive watershed in our clubs history and from this with a few dips into the transfer window this month we will see a Phoenix rising from the ashes of todays performance, we're all with you Carlo,get us going mate!!

It's the team that beat Chelsea a couple of weeks ago Dave, we were poor and there is no excuse really.
They do as a one off. We all KNOW that's there in them to do that. But dont mistake one offs for ability and consistency of ability.

These players are not good enough. All but 5 or 6 are trash. HALF A BILLION SPENT ON A SQUAD ALMOST CHOCCA WITH TRASH.

Then some point the finger at those of us who look at Brands as inadequate and wonder WTF we're talking about.

this really is the worst defeat, I've been following everton since early 70's we have to wake up and realise that Everton football club is being taken apart, the money men are killing it. Once we leave Goodison, Everton is no more, we'll become another man city/arsenal/tottenham heartless money driven corporate bullshit. Sorry but it's going fast. So sad what they're doing to us.

Agree with every word.

I’m made up that there’s a manager of Ancelotti’s calibre on the sidelines.
There’s no hiding place for the board and players.

Backed properly and may the changes to personnel come swiftly.

Quite a few posts around the web calling out Carlo comparing his impact to that of Duncs bearing out Mosh's comment that 2 bad games and some fans want a nads on a plate sandwich. As ever it's all about results if he stumbles along and we remain safe and communicates well with fans his honeymoon period will extend to summer. Problem is without a dynamic january window to show light at the end of the tunnel it just smacks of more "jam tomorrow" and by god this fanbase has had enough of that, throw in a few more bad results and he'll get his head kicked in at Asda car park in Widnes

Status
Not open for further replies.