Homepage Article Coleman Calls For Bravery

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Following Everton’s desperately disappointing 3-1 defeat at Bournemouth, Seamus Coleman has called on his teammates to show more accountability on the pitch.

Coleman told evertontv: “We have to make sure we retain our confidence from our home form and try to make amends [following Bournemouth] against Sheffield United and go on from there.

“When you put on the Everton shirt – whether you are old or young – you have to take responsibility, to be brave and look for the ball at all times and help your teammates.

“Not many of us could hold our heads high coming off the pitch [on Sunday] and that’s the truth.

“Our home form is good but away from home at the minute it is disappointing and something we need to put right very fast if we want to be better this season.

“We have to go into the Sheffield United game… and hopefully get three points and move forward and try to put it right.”

Continue reading...

It's better than ignoring the problem. It's good to see the captain drawing attention to our away form, it rightfully needs to be called out. It shames us and something has to be done about it.

“We have to go into the Sheffield United game… and hopefully get three points and move forward and try to put it right.”​
Hardly reassuring, that. We shouldn't be "hoping" for the 3 points at home against Sheffield United. We should be going into these games with the belief that we will batter them. It just reeks of small time mentality.

Maybe I am looking into the quote too deeply. Just my take though.

Hardly reassuring, that. We shouldn't be "hoping" for the 3 points at home against Sheffield United. We should be going into these games with the belief that we will batter them. It just reeks of small time mentality.

Maybe I am looking into the quote too deeply. Just my take though.

your not looking into it too deeply at all.... 'hoping' for 3 points at home to sheff united ….??

what is that all about ?

So does this matter? Do we care whether our Everton mass media (and it is unavoidable, like Fox News, the BBC website and FaceBook - if you're looking for some Everton action you're going to encounter the big Everton beasts that roam the social media safari) is perhaps influenced by the club in a grace and favour manner? How many times after a big defeat or setback was Tim Cahill wheeled out for some positivity? Pointy Phil telling us after selling all our strikers (plus ca change) one summer that it meant the squad was close-knit, together, more chances for a youngster? After a heavy defeat, did we really need to see Tom Davies (socks mercifully under trousers) doing some samba dancing? Do you feel like you are being manipulated and do you care?

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/anything-to-declare.99077/ :coffee:

I wish that they would stop releasing statements like this one. I expect our players to respond to a poor performance and defeat by learning from it and showing the passion and skill to perform better next time. We don’t need to be told that by one of the players who was responsible for the lousy way they performed. It’s better if they keep their mouths shut and just perform better on the pitch. Statements like his are a waste of words.

getting worse than jags was at this rallying calls now everytime we get beat.

sick of hearing how disappointed the players are, put some more effort in then and maybe you and us wont be

Status
Not open for further replies.