Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I think this is when the lockdown is lifted. But begs the question why wasn't it done in the first place. Maybe they have learned from Australia and New Zealand
Dunno. We were told here that Britain was doing the same thing as us at the start. We dropped a planned trip to Britain weeks ago.

My daughter told me the same thing earlier, she said somebody from her home died and Corona was listed on her death certificate despite her not having any symptoms or any test.

Very strange.
Exactly what I was saying 2 weeks ago.

That number is inflated because the cause of death is put as that no matter what in most cases.

Who knows what the real number is, could he lower (false reports) or could be higher (care homes etc )

Madness anyone trying to push through finishing the season, does anyone in charge think there won't be mass celebrations once they win it? Or say Norwich avoid the drop? Think how many different teams are in that position across the leagues.

People are going to congregate and that could lead to deaths and delays hitting next season. I was thinking I'd rather just have them awarded the title than play out the rest of the games but even then that won't change the situation, you'll get gatherings and that is going to make this go on longer keeping us from going to Goodison.
Honestly I don't think people's behaviour is going to get us back to Goodison any quicker- only a scientific intervention can do that.

There's no way a mass gathering can be justified when the virus is about without an effective treatment or vaccine.

Yes, I heard Dominic Raab say that on Sky an hour ago. It sounded odd to me because I know that I can't fly to Britain from Melbourne, so it isn't likely
that anyone else can from other parts of the world. I assume that he means that compulsory 14 day self isolation - I don't know why we don't call it
what it is - quarantine, will be the law when flights into Britain resume. They were talking about the path back from lockdown.

I'm guessing it'll be as compulsory as it is now for people to not see those from other households or to stay at home if they have symptoms, take from that what you will...

Honestly I don't think people's behaviour is going to get us back to Goodison any quicker- only a scientific intervention can do that.

There's no way a mass gathering can be justified when the virus is about without an effective treatment or vaccine.

I'm guessing it'll be as compulsory as it is now for people to not see those from other households or to stay at home if they have symptoms, take from that what you will...

I think it's too soon to relax social distancing and lockdown. There are pretty strong arguments going on here about, for example getting children back
to school, but kids aren't being tested and we know that even though they aren't greatly at risk, they can cross infect others and there's a risk of a domino
effect. The prime minister and chief medical officer are recommending a return to school but It only takes one and we're back where we started.
I'd go for it if they could guarantee safe social distancing.

I think it's too soon to relax social distancing and lockdown. There are pretty strong arguments going on here about, for example getting children back
to school, but kids aren't being tested and we know that even though they aren't greatly at risk, they can cross infect others and there's a risk of a domino
effect. The prime minister and chief medical officer are recommending a return to school but It only takes one and we're back where we started.
I'd go for it if they could guarantee safe social distancing.
It was on some program ( seen that many dont know which one ) 10 pupils per classroom and alternating days for them classes.
Still not sure how that would work , teachers would be very vulnerable and risk taking it home with them.
There's no easy solutions with this.

No people's behaviour can't get us there sooner, but it can certainly push it back further and if this season goes on it is obvious there will be groups gathering all over the city and in numbers that the police cannot control. Another big outbreak just as things are looking better and that could cause a secondary (full) lockdown and delay (or cause the postponement of) next season.

I find it interesting, though I hope I’m not tempting fate here, that not a lot is coming out of Everton in regards to us being concerned about our finances during this time of uncertainty. We seem to be committed to improving the squad, Gabriel hopefully done and dusted, and our CEO saying we’re maintaining momentum with regards to the new stadium.

Hopefully it means we’re in a strong position.

I find it interesting, though I hope I’m not tempting fate here, that not a lot is coming out of Everton in regards to us being concerned about our finances during this time of uncertainty. We seem to be committed to improving the squad, Gabriel hopefully done and dusted, and our CEO saying we’re maintaining momentum with regards to the new stadium.

Hopefully it means we’re in a strong position.

Doing things the right way as ever, let the dolts across the park make their BS about us and how saintly they are and focus ahead for the return to action

Feb 20th 1st person if thats right, so Italy is a bit ahead as UK as ever hoped it would just not come here and disappear till it was to late

Status
Not open for further replies.