Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't agree that most of these cases were people who would have died anyway. If you are talking about someone receiving palliative care then maybe you could say Covid19 was less of an aggravating factor, but we can't assume that the underlying conditions for other patients were not being successfully managed. For those people the virus is the true cause of death.
Ok we will have to disagree. A lot will have died with covid bring the main cause. But equally a lot will have died with something else. If brought into hospital say with heart failure you are tested for covid. You could die with the heart failure but if yr covid tests comes back positive that will also be on the death certificate. And as it is reportable it is added as covid to the government stats

I would have thought you would have to have had coronavirus to have had that on the death certificate. Was she in a care home because I know they are using a bit of guesswork there when people have died
Nope, at home. It’s genuinely part of the guidelines. You don’t have to have it, or to even be tested for it to be classed as cause of death.

Ok we will have to disagree. A lot will have died with covid bring the main cause. But equally a lot will have died with something else. If brought into hospital say with heart failure you are tested for covid. You could die with the heart failure but if yr covid tests comes back positive that will also be on the death certificate. And as it is reportable it is added as covid to the government stats
It’s also worth taking a look at the mass testing going on across the world. It’s being seen that far far greater numbers than previously thought have had the disease. We’re talking about factors of 100x greater.

This means that only in a minute number of cases does this cause issues that require hospitalisation.

So assuming that it’s the cause whenever detected could be even more way off the mark.

You can also not be tested and still be recorded as a corona death. I know someone who’s just died, she was 96 bless her, was never tested and her death certificate says coronavirus.

My daughter told me the same thing earlier, she said somebody from her home died and Corona was listed on her death certificate despite her not having any symptoms or any test.

Very strange.

Don't know why people are getting hung up on whether the death was CV or not.
This stat has nothing to do with whether we come out of lockdown.
It's the new cases that need to focused on. Bringing this down is the only way we get back any normality.
We are still at 4-5k a day new cases. This is during lockdown. We aren't coming out of it until that drops significantly.

But, why? They're paying tax on whatever they earn, so if they earn less, they pay less tax, which just means more money sat in the owners pocket. If the club are happy to pay them, why should they give it up? If the club was looking too use the JRS for anybody, then that's different, but they aren't and have stated they wont. I really don't see the issue.
Moise
keeping my £50000 a week. You can swivel if you think I'm taking a pay cut. To counter the argument that us players are getting paid for doing nothing I'm going to invite friends and stripper's to my flat and have a wild party.
Meanwhile you chumps can keep doing yr lockdown while yr being furloughed

I was touched with the news of 37 year old twin sisters dying, reportedly of Covid 19. It was stated that there were underlying health issues in both, but it's
hard to believe that the virus wasn't the main factor given their age and the fact that they died at almost the same time.

I was touched with the news of 37 year old twin sisters dying, reportedly of Covid 19. It was stated that there were underlying health issues in both, but it's
hard to believe that the virus wasn't the main factor given their age and the fact that they died at almost the same time.
Was that the ones local to me in Southampton ?
Absolute tragic case, and seeing the third sister interviewed on the news was proper raw grief. Awful.
They were both involved in healthcare too.

My daughter told me the same thing earlier, she said somebody from her home died and Corona was listed on her death certificate despite her not having any symptoms or any test.

Very strange.
Indeed;
90something % will be kosher, some will just be to cut down on extra paperwork, but there'll be a few that need cold casing - there always is.

Finishing the season will have a dominoe effect on the next few seasons. There's no way you can finish this season and next before the EURO's.

It's driving me mad, it'll be better for everyone to have a new season not 9 games each.

Madness anyone trying to push through finishing the season, does anyone in charge think there won't be mass celebrations once they win it? Or say Norwich avoid the drop? Think how many different teams are in that position across the leagues.

People are going to congregate and that could lead to deaths and delays hitting next season. I was thinking I'd rather just have them awarded the title than play out the rest of the games but even then that won't change the situation, you'll get gatherings and that is going to make this go on longer keeping us from going to Goodison.

Madness anyone trying to push through finishing the season, does anyone in charge think there won't be mass celebrations once they win it? Or say Norwich avoid the drop? Think how many different teams are in that position across the leagues.

People are going to congregate and that could lead to deaths and delays hitting next season. I was thinking I'd rather just have them awarded the title than play out the rest of the games but even then that won't change the situation, you'll get gatherings and that is going to make this go on longer keeping us from going to Goodison.

Honestly reading what the media and RS fans are saying was making me think maybe I'm in the wrong for having the same opinion as you, like a manipulative relationship.

Yes a very sad story. But it does say they were brought into hospital because they were very ill with underlying issues. Because they were in hospital they were tested for covid. Because they were positive that would have gone on their death certificate. 2 people on here have said that they know of people in care homes who have died with the cause being coronavirus even though they didn't die from it. So seems very strange.
We discussed airports. Its reported here today that the government are looking at everyone who arrives inthe uk will be told to self isolate for 14 days. Seems like that horse has bolted to me

Yes a very sad story. But it does say they were brought into hospital because they were very ill with underlying issues. Because they were in hospital they were tested for covid. Because they were positive that would have gone on their death certificate. 2 people on here have said that they know of people in care homes who have died with the cause being coronavirus even though they didn't die from it. So seems very strange.
We discussed airports. Its reported here today that the government are looking at everyone who arrives inthe uk will be told to self isolate for 14 days. Seems like that horse has bolted to me
Yes, I heard Dominic Raab say that on Sky an hour ago. It sounded odd to me because I know that I can't fly to Britain from Melbourne, so it isn't likely
that anyone else can from other parts of the world. I assume that he means that compulsory 14 day self isolation - I don't know why we don't call it
what it is - quarantine, will be the law when flights into Britain resume. They were talking about the path back from lockdown.

Yes, I heard Dominic Raab say that on Sky an hour ago. It sounded odd to me because I know that I can't fly to Britain from Melbourne, so it isn't likely
that anyone else can from other parts of the world. I assume that he means that compulsory 14 day self isolation - I don't know why we don't call it
what it is - quarantine, will be the law when flights into Britain resume. They were talking about the path back from lockdown.
Yes I think this is when the lockdown is lifted. But begs the question why wasn't it done in the first place. Maybe they have learned from Australia and New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.