Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand behind closed doors. Will all of the coaching and playing staff from each teambe tested in advance? Will all the refereeing team be tested? What about all the tv teams, stadium staff, medical teams, ‘heavy police presence’? Are all these people really going to be tested before front line medical staff are tested just so a football match can be played (and it would have to be repeated for every single game).

Society’s priorities are completely wrong if anyone signs off on all of this.

Also, social distancing is still going to be enforced for a few months yet, doesn't this count for footballers putting in a tackle and man marking or the manager, coaches and subs sitting in the dug out?

I don’t understand behind closed doors. Will all of the coaching and playing staff from each teambe tested in advance? Will all the refereeing team be tested? What about all the tv teams, stadium staff, medical teams, ‘heavy police presence’? Are all these people really going to be tested before front line medical staff are tested just so a football match can be played (and it would have to be repeated for every single game).

It has been stated elsewhere that up to 250 people per match would need to be in the biosecure quarantine. These people would need to be re-tested before every game meaning that to finish the season in the PL there would need to be close on 20,000 tests - about the total daily number of tests across the UK at the moment. As we can't even test staff and residents in care homes I can't see football taking priority.
The second problem is that people WILL go to the ground, even if they can't get in, leading to huge potential flashpoints if and when police try to disperse them.
There is virtually no chance of any game being played even with a reduced and monitored "crowd" before September in Germany. There is zero chance in the UK.

It has been stated elsewhere that up to 250 people per match would need to be in the biosecure quarantine. These people would need to be re-tested before every game meaning that to finish the season in the PL there would need to be close on 20,000 tests - about the total daily number of tests across the UK at the moment. As we can't even test staff and residents in care homes I can't see football taking priority.
The second problem is that people WILL go to the ground, even if they can't get in, leading to huge potential flashpoints if and when police try to disperse them.
There is virtually no chance of any game being played even with a reduced and monitored "crowd" before September. There is zero chance in the UK.

Let alone all the people that will have mates over for a beer to watch the matches. Recepie for disaster. Does make me wonder if it was utd or city clear in the league whether they would be pushing for it so badly

Construction sites with a lot more people working in confined spaces is still happening today.

If its safe for construction workers its safe for footballers.

Just read over 15000 people flying into uk every day still now just saw flights still coming in to liverpool from Madrid today .so we might as well start the footy back up if that's ok.

Just read over 15000 people flying into uk every day still now just saw flights still coming in to liverpool from Madrid today .so we might as well start the footy back up if that's ok.
Not sure if this is a joke.

15000 over how many planes going how many airports?

It has been stated elsewhere that up to 250 people per match would need to be in the biosecure quarantine. These people would need to be re-tested before every game meaning that to finish the season in the PL there would need to be close on 20,000 tests - about the total daily number of tests across the UK at the moment. As we can't even test staff and residents in care homes I can't see football taking priority. the second problem is people will go the ground, even if they can't get in, leading to huge potential flashpoints if and when police try to disperse them.
There is virtually no chance of any game being played even with a reduced and monitored "crowd" before September in Germany. There is zero chance in the UK.

Lets get this right, no one with any sense what-so-ever would even give a monkeys about going the ground, however our de-shoiteful neighbours will be, as per usual, rabid to outdo each other to prove what great "superfans" they are, (a word coined by the red echo to massage their pea-brained egos).

Sadly this gang of misfits can't do nowt wrong in the eyes of Merseyside's finest, the boys in blue will be reluctant to enforce any sort of, 'go home you gang of soft tits' policing to the scabby cretins. And the great or worst thing is every other single fan of any other club in the country know this, they ruin everything for everyone all the time..... They are the bubonic plague of Football.....

The world needs people to live

You can have footy and still stop people dying.

Footy cant stop while we wait for a vaccine that might never come.

Of course hundreds of people are dying daily, so that needs to stop first.

But I think people to be aware that an effective vaccine might never come, we cant put the world on hold while we wait for unicorns.

What it said in press .defo flights from Madrid into liverpool check it unreal
I don't see the issue.
Their cases have come right down.
They have it under control and are still in lockdown.
Chances of them bringing it with them is less than us spreading it ourselves.
Don't forget once they are here they go into lockdown here like everyone else.

You can have footy and still stop people dying.

Footy cant stop while we wait for a vaccine that might never come.

Of course hundreds of people are dying daily, so that needs to stop first.

But I think people to be aware that an effective vaccine might never come, we cant put the world on hold while we wait for unicorns.
They have one.Trials to start within a week.
Screenshot_20200417-171148_Chrome.jpg

They asked for volunteers for it weeks ago...they wont be short of takers.

Yeah, worked it out earlier. They are based in Oxford, so milked the Oxford postcodes, then branched out geographically. Me being near Bristol is their current dairy.

Status
Not open for further replies.