Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Olympics have raised the qualifying age for Mens Football from 23 to 24 for next years games. Very interesting.

As theorised earlier this week, could they be anticipating a potential clash with the domestic calendar next year, with several potential club v country rows arising and, therefore, broadening the talent pools that participating countries (Argentina, Brazil, France, Germany, Spain, Romania, New Zealand, Egypt, Ivory Coast, South Africa, Australia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea and Japan) can choose from well ahead of schedule.

Sounds plausible.

I think the continuation of the current season may well depend on how long the necessary distancing measures are in effect. For example, I think if there was close to some sort of normality around June or August (I cannot see that) then they may well cancel the current season and start again afresh for 20/21.

However, if the safety implications take us further into next winter, then they might think what is the point of starting a new season at that stage and just carry on where we have left off with 19/20.
That's what I was thinking, but if 20/21 goes ahead, even in a reduced/ late start form 19/ 20 will be abandoned.

Updated reality 4th April.........

Intention to continue leagues is strong

Chances of it getting completed - slimmer by the day (less than 1% surely)

The Olympics have raised the qualifying age for Mens Football from 23 to 24 for next years games. Very interesting.

As theorised earlier this week, could they be anticipating a potential clash with the domestic calendar next year, with several potential club v country rows arising and, therefore, broadening the talent pools that participating countries (Argentina, Brazil, France, Germany, Spain, Romania, New Zealand, Egypt, Ivory Coast, South Africa, Australia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea and Japan) can choose from well ahead of schedule.

Sounds plausible.

I think all they've done is allow the people who were supposed to take part this year a chance to take part next year

Sounds plausible.

Sounds plausible.

It doesn’t Cooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.