Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you say that with a straight face?!

You argue it's more complex to do the former than the latter? Get real, Mike.

The only unreal person here is you Keiran. Hair splitting beyond the point of nonsense.
This season is dead, start afresh in August, if indeed we can. You can have the bauble if it is that important to you but I'd rather keep Blues and Reds alive than see your asinine notions implemented.

If you ever bother to keep up to date with the news you'd be well aware that no insider knowledge is necessary as it is in the general domain. I'm rated high risk having to lock down for at least 11 more weeks which takes me to say 7,8,9 June but expectation is it will be a lot longer.
Let me ask you if any ones life is worth a football match let alone a series of them. This season has to die without question to try and manipulate things otherwise is corrupt, insensitive and barbaric. Playing behind closed doors can't have any attraction to Sky or BT, silence other than the cries of players and coaches doesn't evoke the splendour advertisers want, they'd desert in their droves. In view of the selfish attitudes being exhibited by some, why should I an old guy, lose the value of his season ticket while other fitter people can watch, ageism is illegal!!!!
Scrap 2019/2020 now for the sake of sanity in the game.

Firstly, I completely agree & it is highly unlikely football will return in any form in June; what I have challenged is the argument that footballers just wont want to play "just cos" & have said that when it is deemed safe to play inline with Gov/health advice, insurance compliance and PFA/Union agreement, Players will be itching to get back and play football - primarily because it is good for their careers to get back Safely, whether behind closed doors or not.

Regarding Agesim - I dont think it is illegal to treat different age categories differently in terms of behavior based on health advice (eg is alcohol being sold to +18 ageist?), but of course anyone not allowed attend games if it is based on medical advice should be out of pocket & should be support by club or whatever other industry relevant.

This season is dead, start afresh in August, if indeed we can.

So if we can't start a-fresh in August, do we cancel next season too? Presumably all that achieves is keeping to the Aug-May calendar that appears to be so sought after by many on here.

So we skip a season and a half of Football and resume in August 2021, despite it possibly being safe to play Football circa 9-12 months prior.

Can't see that catching on, for obvious reasons, mate.

I'd rather keep Blues and Reds alive than see your asinine notions implemented.

What aspect of what I'm suggesting is the most likely outcome of all this (pausing the Football calendar) risks the health of anyone, red, blue or otherwise?

you continue to tell everyone that footballers will not come back in April or June, irrespective of it being safe???? breakdown your inside knowledge on this?

It may very well not be safe; but players will be back the day it is deemed safe and their Union, insurance etc all agree - the notion that players just wont fancy it is nonsense

You need large numbers of emergency services at a game. Police and medical staff.

I think they are doing more important things right now and will be doing so for many months.

And I’d say that’s a very fair and reasonable response to that decision given the circumstances, wouldn’t you?

Though the inconsistency in decision making is clearly irritating to them, I don’t think that voiding the 4 leagues above them would make their objections to the decision disappear either.

Voiding has dire financial consequences for these clubs.
Those clubs will simply join the thousands of businesses that will go out of business due to the pandemic

Those clubs will simply join the thousands of businesses that will go out of business due to the pandemic

Ah, that's OK then. Why bother minimising that heartache and loss of employment, earnings and lifestyle for quite literally thousands of people, eh?

Bury and Bolton (to name but two) not existing anymore is of no concern to you, that's fair enough, but it is for countless others.

You need large numbers of emergency services at a game. Police and medical staff.

I think they are doing more important things right now and will be doing so for many months.

100% 82 - but as I said, when deemed safe and with Gov approval etc.... I would absolutely assume they would be factoring Medical resource requirements if football was deemed safe to go ahead

If football gets going with a new season (after voiding) in august (or August 2021 for that matter) and there is another breakout of coronavirus in Jan/Feb, what then? Void that one and go again the next august & the same the year after, void again & then year after that.....
By Jove, I think he's got it!

So if we can't start a-fresh in August, do we cancel next season too? Presumably all that achieves is keeping to the Aug-May calendar that appears to be so sought after by many on here.

So we skip a season and a half of Football and resume in August 2021, despite it possibly being safe to play Football circa 9-12 months prior.

What aspect of what I'm suggesting is the most likely outcome of all this (pausing the Football calendar) risks the health of anyone, red, blue or otherwise?
I like the way you said red first you massive kopite.

But Brisan, can you not see that there could be a time period going forward where ICU's and strain on the NHS are back to normal levels, the threat of coronavirus is relatively low, but the gov have not yet given permission for Large Gatherings (say over 10,000 people)

This is the scenario I'm talking about and might be a way forward for next season, or even a couple of years? This is nothing to do with whether this year is voided or not, it's about how football might look in the aftermath of all of this.
If football has to be played behind closed doors then the game as we know it is dead and buried

Why can’t we just start the 2020/21 season when it is safe to do so and the football calendar isn’t messed about any further? You aren’t having your parade, I’d accept it sooner rather than later if I were you, formerly banned poster Cookachoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.