Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha ye because you know this.

who said it was the end of football? Nope just this season

you continue to tell everyone that footballers will not come back in April or June, irrespective of it being safe???? breakdown your inside knowledge on this?

It may very well not be safe; but players will be back the day it is deemed safe and their Union, insurance etc all agree - the notion that players just wont fancy it is nonsense

Re pages 213/4. The reason why you don't need electricians at a match in July is because it doesn't go dark until well after 10.00 pm and floodlights aren't needed. I'm surprised that no one pointed that out.

Probably too busy thinking of new ways of repeating what they've been saying for days and days and days. You know who you are.

You need electricity to power everything else in the stadium, including tv cameras, dressing room lights, water heating etc. Im fairly certain the floodlights would need to be on in the evening just for the tv cameras.

Theres 9 games left this season

There is zero possibility that the premier league will risk losing a full season next season to facilitate 9 games.

Anyone who seriously thinks that is deluded.

Losing the TV money for 9 games or losing the TV money for 38 games. Hmmm.... I wonder what they will decide.

This season would need to be completed by mid summer at the very latest (maybe end of july/start of august at very latest) or they wont restart. I reckon UEFA might stick to their 30 june timeframe in any case.

I did say in an earlier post that the RS will still want the season completed even if it's June 2021. It's dawned on me that as everyone's debating when things may or may not get back to normal (for football) 'what if' season 2020-21 is overlooked and by this time next year it's safe? Do they say right let's finish 19/20 and move on to 21/22? Seems UEFA are already clinging on with their claws for the European competitions

you continue to tell everyone that footballers will not come back in April or June, irrespective of it being safe???? breakdown your inside knowledge on this?

It may very well not be safe; but players will be back the day it is deemed safe and their Union, insurance etc all agree - the notion that players just wont fancy it is nonsense

And your saying the opposite only a dirty RS would say that. Go figure

New york times - Tariq Panja:

"Uefa meeting taking place today. Looks like no national team football until September. Virus permitting (big if) club football behind closed doors - almost certainly - July and August. But, as long as the virus is in control, all of this remains up in the air. "

At the end of the day, resuming this season is the messiest and most complex thing to do as it stands,

How can you say that with a straight face?!

It's more complex to simply pause the Football calendar and reschedule events further down the line (once it's safe for Football to return) than to

void an entire season that is 75% complete and:
- either relegate / promote / award teams as they are now based on 28/29 games (not fair or what was agreed to)
- or award based on a points per game basis. (not fair or what was agreed to)
- or not award at all and restart the current season as 'next season' (not fair, or what was agreed to).
- return tv money that's already been paid
- return sponsorship money that's already been paid
- return season ticket money that's already been paid.
- risk the future of Football clubs up and down the country.

You argue it's more complex to do the former than the latter? Get real, Mike.

Last edited by a moderator:

If you ever bother to keep up to date with the news you'd be well aware that no insider knowledge is necessary as it is in the general domain. I'm rated high risk having to lock down for at least 11 more weeks which takes me to say 7,8,9 June but expectation is it will be a lot longer.
Let me ask you if any ones life is worth a football match let alone a series of them. This season has to die without question to try and manipulate things otherwise is corrupt, insensitive and barbaric. Playing behind closed doors can't have any attraction to Sky or BT, silence other than the cries of players and coaches doesn't evoke the splendour advertisers want, they'd desert in their droves. In view of the selfish attitudes being exhibited by some, why should I an old guy, lose the value of his season ticket while other fitter people can watch, ageism is illegal!!!!
Scrap 2019/2020 now for the sake of sanity in the game.

It's more complex to simply pause the Football calendar and reschedule events further down the line (once it's safe for Football to return) than to

- either relegate / promote / award teams as they are now based on 28/29 games (not fair or what was agreed to)
- or not award at all and restart the current season and next season (not fair, or what was agreed to).

Think you're the one that needs to get real Cooks, absolutely no one agrees with you.

- or not award at all and restart the current season as 'next season' (not fair, or what was agreed to).

Not fair? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.