Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it will cost all clubs a lot of money Matty, we’re talking hundreds of millions in some cases, to end the season early, with games to play and fates undecided, thats why.

Then, on top of that, you have the nightmare scenario of how prize money is carved up, who is relegated / promoted and how european spots are apportioned, which is a whole other mess that the authorities just do not want, understandably so.

It’s far, far easier for clubs, players and the authorities to simply freeze everything, defer wages, delay international tournaments, extend player contracts where possible (all of which you are seeing happen right now, it’s being done and has already been done) than to void an entire league season.

That decision was taken at conference level already and 60+ clubs at that level have already wrote to authorities to overturn the decision. Imagine that on a national scale for the 92 Football League clubs and you can see why the preference for all concerned (bar a small minority) is to resume when possibly and ONLY when it is safe to do so.
This cow is small. The cow out there is far away.

May have been mentioned earlier in the thread but the distinct possibility of some clubs going completely out of business is also going to have to be considered. The £760 million that is allegedly "owed" to Broadcasters will not be easy to bear for most of the Prems top teams, that figure itself could bankrupt some even if spread evenly.

In the scheme of things it seems almost unreal to consider re-starting the season, even more so to void it and then to factor in the above, Football itself could look very different in the next 2 years but what is striking is not only Football but life in general. Many many businesses will falter and thus the economic fallout is a huge factor all round and this at the same time as having to deal with the awful amount of deaths as a result.

Today they even talk about a second wave in the Autumn, I fear we may be a long way from any sort of normality for life let alone Football.

How can any Evertonian give a toss if the season is voided and our red friends can't claim the title? Some one said it is not fair. Oh boo hoo hoo! Unsporting? Yes, but since when was our relationship with them sporting? I mean the fans of course not the clubs' players who probably don't give a toss about our rivalry as most of them are not local anyway. Erase it from the records for all time I say.

How can any Evertonian give a toss if the season is voided and our red friends can't claim the title? Some one said it is not fair. Oh boo hoo hoo! Unsporting? Yes, but since when was our relationship with them sporting? I mean the fans of course not the clubs' players who probably don't give a toss about our rivalry as most of them are not local anyway. Erase it from the records for all time I say.
100% agreed, all teams should be shown as having played 0 games with 0 points for the 19/20 season. We need a clean break, and there is no point in clouding the issue with random speculation about what may or may not have happened if the league had concluded.

That was sarcasm, mate.

My mate says that you don’t need ambulances or medical staff on hand for behind closed doors games that’s only for fans, he said club doctors and physios would be enough, I can’t find anything about this on the net, is he right?

Status
Not open for further replies.