Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lockdown will be in place until June, Social distancing will remain in place until October with the 2 metre rule applying to everyone.

The absolute earliest we’ll see football played in stadiums with fans in this country will be November. And that’s the earliest, it could be potentially longer than that!

its obviously a guessing game and no one knows, but my fear is it will be a slow re-implementation of back to a normal way of living, testing the impacts of larger gatherings (schools going back, full public transport etc) before the consideration of the impact of stadium attendance on a "Second wave" - if thats the way we move forward it is going to be a slow slow restoration of the norm.

then again there could be a solution / vacine / cure that means we are back to normal in two months

Absolutely it will not be like switching on a light switch.

Just a line or two on this ,I had a friend die a few days ago quite a wealthy guy ( last time I heard his income was 5mill euros in one year ) the money meant nothing nor did the fact that he been careless because he hadn't ,he was infected at his birthday party by someone who had been skiing .
This virus knows no boundaries and if you are as old as me you have to think that this could be your last week ! If not you are not taking it seriously enough .
Scaremongering ,no, just don't want to go .

Well done Mate for bringing to the fore the stark reality of how serious this virus is.

Quite possible. It seems they are quite far down the road of developing a vaccine, but it will take considerable time to test it and mass produce it. Never mind the time it will take to administer it.

That is almost certain what those in charge are hoping for.
But, Dr Fauci in the USA said that the virus will create its own timeline and I think he is correct about that.

If things have improved sufficiently by July or August we may see the league finished in a hurry in empty stadia iaround the country .
I cannot see crowds at football for a long time.
August. The month when the new season starts "August"? So "screw next year, let's just make sure we have last year sorted"?

Status
Not open for further replies.