Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they cancel the current one and it’s safe to start the next one in January 2021, it seems bonkers to wait a further 8 months to do.... just because “it’s always been that way”.

FIFA have already designated the next World Cup to run in Winter, so the next couple of seasons would’ve had to adapt considerably even before COVID19 hit.

With the 2022 Qatar WC being held in Nov / December, it’s not a stretch to consider that future international tournament may need to do the same if necessary (if Australia were to host a WC for example) and that would mean another shift to the traditional Aug-May calendar.

It’s not important to me when it runs, I don’t care when the season runs, it doesn’t really matter. Why would you be bothered about a season starting in January and finishing in October?

Are you inventing hypothetical worst case scenarios to finish the season now ?

As I stated in an earlier post how can matches be played unless restrictions are lifted - Not staying home, 2 person limit on crowds lifted.

If not how can teams get together with staff, officials, medic help to play games.

The behind closed doors thing is utter idiocy. I could write a book on it. Just some of the main point.

Firstly football games will be gatherings of hundreds of people (players, subs, physics, doctors, ambulances, runners, lighting engineers, cameramen, producers, directors, reporters, anchors, former pro's, directors, shareholders, coaches etc). A gathering of that many people, at a time when we are trying really hard to convince people having a BBQ, or nipping to the beach with your mates is the exact sort of confused messaging we really have to avoid.

Secondly, and what a lot aren't grasping, is there is absolutely no evidence to suggest the last round of footballers catching Corona Virus was in any way linked to supporters. If your argument is to protect the integrity and health of the players (which face it, for the advocates it is, they couldn't care less of the fans) then you are simply not keeping them safe by having them play each other. They will catch and spread the virus again, and with 2-3 weeks it will have to be abandoned again.

There seems to be a real stupidity in this country to what medical experts say, often with the most inanely stupid being the least willing to listen. They are not joking when they say, people shouldn't be congregating together. It's not safe to go to the park and have a kick about.

The PL news to stop looking for short cuts and loopholes around this situation and start getting with the program. The Olympics has been banned in July. This season is done. The focus has to be about next season and trying to get that on. Anything other than that as an approach will risk lives.

Where has it been said that nothing can continue till January you spenk?

It obviously hasn't been; I don't understand why this is too complicated for you.

All I am asking is under the assumption that it is NOT safe to play til Jan 2021 and the leagues across Europe are voided, what next.

Here in Finland they have locked down the "county " where we live ,which has the densest population (Roughly a third of the whole population lives here) ,apparently they have closed all the roads and only those with a special permit can pass .We now have 5 fatalities ,only 5 and they are all in this place so I fully back the government on this decision .

It obviously hasn't been; I don't understand why this is too complicated for you.

All I am asking is under the assumption that it is NOT safe to play til Jan 2021 and the leagues across Europe are voided, what next.

There’s absolutely no assumptions or indications that the virus will continue past summer much less Christmas

If all 19/20 leagues are voided then they start again as scheduled in August, hell because the public have listened in Italy, Spain, France and Germany they might even be able to finish their seasons before the end of June

There’s absolutely no assumptions or indications that the virus will continue past summer much less Christmas

If all 19/20 leagues are voided then they start again as scheduled in August, hell because the public have listened in Italy, Spain, France and Germany they might even be able to finish their seasons before the end of June

Of course there is no indications that the virus is will continue till any such date, but the reality is nobody knows when football will return, at no point have I suggested I think this is when football will return. I am simply asking the "what if?" if the season cannot just slot back into the simple August solution. It could return in June, maybe August, maybe November or it could take two years to establish that it is safe to put 40,000 people into a stadium again, no one actually knows, that is the entire point in the thread, it is looking at the what-ifs.

To say the league will definately be voided and next season starts at the start of August as schedule is equally as speculative as saying it will start on Friday the 1st of March 2024 at midday with Burnley V Everton as the first fixture.

Of course there is no indications that the virus is will continue till any such date, but the reality is nobody knows when football will return, at no point have I suggested I think this is when football will return. I am simply asking the "what if?" if the season cannot just slot back into the simple August solution. It could return in June, maybe August, maybe November or it could take two years to establish that it is safe to put 40,000 people into a stadium again, no one actually knows, that is the entire point in the thread, it is looking at the what-ifs.

To say the league will definately be voided and next season starts at the start of August as schedule is equally as speculative as saying it will start on Friday the 1st of March 2024 at midday with Burnley V Everton as the first fixture.

It will if people listen to the advice they have been told for the last week or two and stay indoors

The behind closed doors thing is utter idiocy. I could write a book on it. Just some of the main point.

Firstly football games will be gatherings of hundreds of people (players, subs, physics, doctors, ambulances, runners, lighting engineers, cameramen, producers, directors, reporters, anchors, former pro's, directors, shareholders, coaches etc). A gathering of that many people, at a time when we are trying really hard to convince people having a BBQ, or nipping to the beach with your mates is the exact sort of confused messaging we really have to avoid.

Secondly, and what a lot aren't grasping, is there is absolutely no evidence to suggest the last round of footballers catching Corona Virus was in any way linked to supporters. If your argument is to protect the integrity and health of the players (which face it, for the advocates it is, they couldn't care less of the fans) then you are simply not keeping them safe by having them play each other. They will catch and spread the virus again, and with 2-3 weeks it will have to be abandoned again.

There seems to be a real stupidity in this country to what medical experts say, often with the most inanely stupid being the least willing to listen. They are not joking when they say, people shouldn't be congregating together. It's not safe to go to the park and have a kick about.

The PL news to stop looking for short cuts and loopholes around this situation and start getting with the program. The Olympics has been banned in July. This season is done. The focus has to be about next season and trying to get that on. Anything other than that as an approach will risk lives.

this and if people keep trying to make excuses we know you have red scarves

It will if people listen to the advice they have been told for the last week or two and stay indoors

Fair play to you Megatron, it must be great to have a finer grasp on Coronavirus than the finest medical minds on earth. You should probably ring one or two of them to let them know.;););););)

I think the broad point though is, at some point over the coming weeks the reality is going to need to set in that next season is going to have to become the priority, over finishing this season.

Clubs will not be able to afford potentially abandoning half a season, or worse still another whole season. I'll be quite frank, I think the PL have behaved very poorly around this, and football is not really logically or honestly about the situation we are in.

There seems to be this wild goose chase approach of trying to revive 9-10 games, while losing site of the much bigger picture. It would be a far better use of time, to begin to think about how we salvage next season.

It seems clubs don't want to enter into these discussions, for a variety of reasons. Unfortunately we have lots of entitled people, who when the reality that this season isn't going to be able to finish sinks in, are not going to be able to see the bigger picture and cause an almighty difficulty. I suspect there is some pandering to that grouping, which is fair enough, but at some point this needs to stop, and they need to be told to get into line and help be part of a solution, not an ongoing problem.

Over the coming weeks, I think this will change. It will have to. It's time for people to start acting as grown ups and not spoilt children. We don't always get what we want. But there are more important things at play here.

Fair play to you Megatron, it must be great to have a finer grasp on Coronavirus than the finest medical minds on earth. You should probably ring one or two of them to let them know.;););););)

I don’t need to seek a medical mind, my mum is and has been a trained nurse for over 4 decades

Football can and will resume for a new season if people are patient and listen to what the medical experts and government are saying and stop being stupid by not staying in and not panic buying in shops risking the spread

I’ve got more of a stake in wanting this to be eradicated as I and 3 family members are deemed at risk because of varying health reasons, I have asthma, I have an uncle who’s had respiratory issues, a cousin who’s due to give birth in 4 weeks and another who’s most at risk as she’s undergoing treatment for breast cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.