Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do what they did the last time this happened with football. Or in 1972 when it happened with Rugby in the 5 nations. Or what they have done in Sweden with their ice hockey league etc.

You void the results in an incomplete season, and you endeavour to start it again from scratch once we have the all clear to begin. We will have had a long rest, we will have different squads, different signings, different players that have left, a break that is likely longer than any break between seasons in living memory. It will also allow us as a society to move forward from what is going to be a hideous time for people. Its very easy to do, and in truth has pretty much always been whats done in situations where you can't complete an event.

This is why I don't get why there is even a discussion to be had once it gets past a certain time frame. There are several occasions where a precedent has been set as to what happens in the event of a season not be able to be completed.

You know what, it's a bit rubbish, but if they're good enough, they'd just do it again, so what the problem.

What if they don't?

Who knows - that is the entire point i'm trying to make.

The argument of "just void" and start a fresh is as flawed as "we will continue whenever" but at the moment, all indications (PL, FA, UEFA, Journos) are the plan is to finish out whenever it is safe to do so

of course safety is the priority & as I have said all along here, I dont think there is a chance of a game being played behind closed doors. Football should only return at any level when it is safe everywhere!

So everyone starts at Zero?

What happens when Leeds win their appeal to complete the Championship season at CAS for example before a PL ball can be kicked & West Ham are suspended from the league for refusing to return TV rights money & that ends up in the Supreme court. Do West Hams games just get scratched? does the PL sit and twiddle it's thumbs while the Championship plays out & then is it a 23 team league because the Championship teams have won a legal challenge to their right to appeal and the PL has voided???

Extreme examples, but you see the point

To be quite honest no I don’t!

At a minimum it is estimated that 20,000 people alone will die in this country alone as a result of this thing, as an “extreme example” it could be north of 200,000!

All these clubs that might win a league, or could possibly get promoted will just have to suck it up! Nothing like this has happened in this country since the Spanish flu in about 1918(?), these football clubs that think the world revolves around them and what could have/should have happened need a reality check, people out there are dying today and will be in far bigger numbers very soon!

Any football club that goes bleating to the CAS about the unfairness of it all deserves every bit of flack that comes their way! This is not something lawyers and football clubs should be looking to make even more money from!
Void the whole thing, start again from nil points”, suck it up, and do it only when it is 100% safe to do it in front of full stadiums!

Maybe something to add to this conversation is the confirmation that all Level 5 leagues have been cancelled and voided today. All positions will null and start from scratch next season, if it's ready to start of course.

IMG-20200324-WA0078.jpg

To be quite honest no I don’t!

At a minimum it is estimated that 20,000 people alone will die in this country alone as a result of this thing, as an “extreme example” it could be north of 200,000!

All these clubs that might win a league, or could possibly get promoted will just have to suck it up! Nothing like this has happened in this country since the Spanish flu in about 1918(?), these football clubs that think the world revolves around them and what could have/should have happened need a reality check, people out there are dying today and will be in far bigger numbers very soon!

Any football club that goes bleating to the CAS about the unfairness of it all deserves every bit of flack that comes their way! This is not something lawyers and football clubs should be looking to make even more money from!
Void the whole thing, start again from nil points”, suck it up, and do it only when it is 100% safe to do it in front of full stadiums!

you're 100% right this is not something that lawyers and football clubs should be looking to make even more money from. But they will try, that is for sure...

Who knows - that is the entire point i'm trying to make.

The argument of "just void" and start a fresh is as flawed as "we will continue whenever" but at the moment, all indications (PL, FA, UEFA, Journos) are the plan is to finish out whenever it is safe to do so
We will do what the rest of Europe does.
That will be the easiest way out of this.
We don't want to get ourselves out of sync with the rest of them.

We will do what the rest of Europe does.
That will be the easiest way out of this.
We don't want to get ourselves out of sync with the rest of them.

Completely agree with this & it wouldn't surprise me if this was a 3 - 5 year resuffle to get August to May back by 2022 / 23.

It will be collective

you're 100% right this is not something that lawyers and football clubs should be looking to make even more money from. But they will try, that is for sure...

And if they do, fuelled by the garbage coming out of the mouths of the likes of Carragher, Thompson, Murphy and the list goes on and on, they deserve every last bit of contempt coming their way!

And if they do, fuelled by the garbage coming out of the mouths of the likes of Carragher, Thompson, Murphy and the list goes on and on, they deserve every last bit of contempt coming their way!

Have you ever met a Lawyer, large company owner or mouthpiece with enough shame to be bothered by a bit of contempt going their way ???

Have you ever met a Lawyer, large company owner or mouthpiece with enough shame to be bothered by a bit of contempt going their way ???

We are in strange times, so let’s wait and see what happens, but at some point someone somewhere has to make a big decision and not keep kicking it down the line! Future seasons can not be put off indefinitely just so someone can say we won the league/we got promoted etc in 2020!

Nope. Give it up mate, it's over.

Not sure if you're aware but there's more pressing matters at hand than who wins an empty pot, unless 'it means more'?

Good one & as I said from the very start of this before you decided to patronise; Liverpool the least of the football related worries here, the legal challenges will come from those who have a case for lost revenue & those cases will undoubtedly rise as soon as this is over & frankly "this means more" doesnt apply to football at all, in the current climate it is an utter irrelevance, but the thread acted as a nice distraction today.

I see both sides & it could well be voided - but for now I think they will do everything possible to conclude whenever it is safe to do so

We are in strange times, so let’s wait and see what happens, but at some point someone somewhere has to make a big decision and not keep kicking it down the line! Future seasons can not be put off indefinitely just so someone can say we won the league/we got promoted etc in 2020!

again, my point would always be they can be, future seasons coexist with the present. Football is put off indefinitely, not just this season

Status
Not open for further replies.