Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't hold your breath on a vaccine being available in the next few months, mate:

Even if scientists can celebrate having developed a vaccine this year, there is still the massive job of being able to mass-produce it.

It means, realistically, one would not be ready until at least the middle of next year. All of this is happening on an unprecedented timescale and using new approaches to vaccines, so there are no guarantees everything will go smoothly.

Remember there are four coronaviruses that already circulate in human beings. They cause the common cold, and we don't have vaccines for any of them.
No, which is why we’ll probably see restrictions lifted and then re-introduced for the next couple of years potentially. Hard to see how football can be resumed in those circumstances.

I Cant actually believe there are people that say end this season even if it takes till November & forget next season, so if those same people are bored now how would they cope with finishing just those 9/10 games, & those been the only games till august 2021 for your team-It would boring as hell

I Cant actually believe there are people that say end this season even if it takes till November & forget next season, so if those same people are bored now how would they cope with finishing just those 9/10 games, & those been the only games till august 2021 for your team-It would boring as hell

And for the players. 9 competitive club games in 18 months, how is that supposed to help your career?

And for the players. 9 competitive club games in 18 months, how is that supposed to help your career?

I’d guess the FA and PL are open to all proposed solutions and are considering lots of different paths right now and what consequences each of those paths could have.

BUT, I think it’s fairly safe to assume that neither of those organisations will be considering the prospect of scrapping a full season to salvage this one.

We are currently at the tail end of one season and it is natural that people are talking about this season at the moment.

If football can recommence in August or more likely September then I think the conversation will have switched to season 20/21.

It will not solve anything if by finishing this season we then cannot finish next season either and we know the Euros are gong ahead next summer which means next season cannot run on into the summer.

At the moment I would guess that in Italy and Spain that football is a very low priority that will probably be England in just a few weeks.

We are currently at the tail end of one season and it is natural that people are talking about this season at the moment.

If football can recommence in August or more likely September then I think the conversation will have switched to season 20/21.

It will not solve anything if by finishing this season we then cannot finish next season either and we know the Euros are gong ahead next summer which means next season cannot run on into the summer.

At the moment I would guess that in Italy and Spain that football is a very low priority that will probably be England in just a few weeks.
I agree totally. No way Is the season finishing. This is going on for months, if not years. The Southampton CE should hang his head in shame going on about football and money. This thing is way bigger than anything we’ve ever faced before.

• The Telegraph reports that the Premier League is tentatively scheduling a plan which involves games starting from June 1, behind closed doors, which would allow it to finish the season in time for the start of the new season on August 8.
  • Sky Sports News has been told a return date of June 1 is one of several dates put forward for consideration, but clubs did not discuss fixture modelling in detail during an emergency call on March 19.
  • Clubs will not be asked to agree to a decision until it receives a greater understanding of when the pandemic will reach its peak in the UK.
  • The Premier League will not put any strain on the emergency services, in particular ambulances, and must adhere to the requirements of a stadium safety certificate, even for games behind closed doors.
  • Competitions, including the FA Cup, outline requirements for medical professionals on site, such as club doctors and, in some cases, offer compensation for ambulances.

Football is done for 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.