Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Everton need to push the renewal date for season tickets back until we know when we can return to some form of normality.

Wow! No footie, being told that for next few months no pubs, bars cafes and so on. All to prevent a massive spike in the summer.
So seeing there's only humping left for us, await a massive spike in births in 2021.

Wow! No footie, being told that for next few months no pubs, bars cafes and so on. All to prevent a massive spike in the summer.
So seeing there's only humping left for us, await a massive spike in births in 2021.

Exactly right

Perhaps not.

I don't think anyone has a clue though
The uncertainty is certainly part of the problem, but realistically this is going to take months... based on what has happened elsewhere.
If you look at China and S. Korea where they took drastic measures they are only now feeling they have it under control but are still implementing extremely rigid controls on their own inhabitants and those wanting to enter their county... I don't think they will be playing football again anytime soon in China.

The governments of the UK and the USA seem to have adopted a different approach to the rest of the world and I fear that the virus may have devastating impact on both communities.

But, even if the effect is moderate rather than catastrophic there will still be a long period afterwards when caution has to be exercised to prevent the illness coming back again.

It isn't health hysteria , it is health warning.
The reality is that jobs will be lost and the economy will be badly affected. This pales into insignificance with the threat of loss of life.

Strong government is required and hard decisions need to be made, something the British government does not seem to be good at.
Schools , colleges, pubs and restaurants need to be closed down immediately.
Social isolation needs to be adopted to halt the spread of the virus but it doesn't seem to me that that message is being put out nearly strong enough.

Last Tuesday was St. Patricks day. In Ireland it is traditionally a day of eating but more especially drinking with pubs and restaurants full around the country.
Last Tuesday all the pubs and restaurants were shut. It is estimated that approx. 400,000 people lost their jobs in the space of about 7 days in a country with a population of about 5 million.
These are the drastic measures that need to be looked and in Ireland they are looking at measures to go well beyond that.
I take it your job's safe.

I was on the M50 in rush hour this morning, it was like Sunday morning traffic, very quiet.

The government here are doing a good job imo. I can't believe the attitude of the UK government, its staggering that pubs and restaurants are still open.

These people along with restaurant and pub owners who haven't closed voluntarily will be responsible for thousands of lost lives.

FFS

Not even humping....you're supposed to be in separate beds or at least three feet apart...you must have a very long....etc.....etc.....etc

The thing that is pissing me off the most about this thing is that Joey66 is goingt to be self-isolating and consequently posting more.
I remember him telling someone on Kipper that he knows more about football than most because he's older, the adorable moron.

You more should know that its out order to call ANYBODY a 'moron' on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.