Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Chelsea, sorry lids but despite losing Pedro, Willian and Giroud as they're out of contract, we're forcing you to finish the 2019/20 season with a different playing staff. Sound? Sound. The FA."

Yeah OK.
pretty sure I read that FIFA are gonna add in emergency rules for this sort of thing due to the unique nature of circumstances.

They can't force a player to play beyond what he's signed on for. It's illegal. It's the basis of what a contract is for - employment for a set period of time.
But the FIFA Council on Wednesday announced a 'FIFA-Confederations working group', with one task being to assess whether temporary dispensations need to be made regarding registration regulations and contracts to protect both player and club.
This is due to a number of player contracts being due to expire on June 30th - a date which the majority of domestic leagues potentially could still be playing the current campaign.

The group will also assess the economic impact faced by "various football stakeholders" to analyse if a support fund at global level would be required and how support measures could be defined.

All relies on each individual player and club agreeing to it.

It's just ridiculously messy. There's no point; there's an obvious clear alternative in voiding the leagues and just accepting it was an act of God/China that caused this. The desire to push this through at the expense of all common sense is mad.

your happy this as actually happening your mind boggling lad

It's just the outcome I was expecting. I'm neither happy nor unhappy with it as it makes very little difference to me.

Ah so you’re worried about the greater football family then?

You can’t pause a season for 6 months for gods sake

I'm not worried. Like I said, it's just the outcome that I was expecting and have been deriding for saying so for the last few weeks.

Why can't you pause a season for 6 months?

"Chelsea, sorry lids but despite losing Pedro, Willian and Giroud as they're out of contract, we're forcing you to finish the 2019/20 season with a different playing staff. Sound? Sound. The FA."

Yeah OK.

OR......

They could make concessions to allow for the temporary extension of those contracts?

Would you be on board with the decision if that objection was overcome?

OR......

They could make concessions to allow for the temporary extension of those contracts?

Would you be on board with the decision if that objection was overcome?

The players can (and probably will) all shove a middle finger in their faces and walk away, because their contracts actually expire. They're probably already well on the way to finalising their next career move.

Status
Not open for further replies.