Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If these buffoons are only thinking about club money they they need to think about next season , not this one. This one is a write off. Get it done.
Look at next season. Start again as if 19/20 didnt happen.
Who in their right mind would buy a season ticket for next season today?

I think the chances of finishing season 19/20 will get more remote by the day.

I have seen some lunatic suggestions such as scrapping season 20/21 and instead finishing season 19/20 in that time.

I think the timeframe will dictate everything. If the season can be finished in a reasonable time then it may happen but as each month goes by I think the desire to start a new season afresh will grow stronger.
Most clubs will be prepared to walk away from the current season anyway.

I think that if it could be completed in July and/or August then it may go ahead, after that it gets more and more unlikely.
It could be used as a kind of pre season in July or August.
Either way , by that time really nobody will care anymore. People will be gearing up for the new season.
It will be a statistic which has just quietly moved into the record books.

What if it isn't safe to resume in the next 6 months, which it won't be?

Then that's a decision the leagues will have to take, collectively and in consultation with UEFA and clubs, as to what happens next

If we agree that next season is no more or less important than the current one, and the world shuts down for 6 months, what would be the issue with playing the final 9 games across September and October?

That's not a concession on public health is it? It's only returning once the government deems it safe to do so.

To me, the only barrier to doing that would be the impact on the schedule of future competitions, which the leagues obviously feel can be mitigated.

Then that's a decision the leagues will have to take, collectively and in consultation with UEFA and clubs, as to what happens next

If we agree that next season is no more or less important than the current one, and the world shuts down for 6 months, what would be the issue with playing the final 9 games across September and October?

That's not a concession on public health is it? It's only returning once the government deems it safe to do so.

To me, the only barrier to doing that would be the impact on the schedule of future competitions, which the leagues obviously feel can be mitigated.

Why is this season any more important than next? So much more that we just write off next season to finish this one?

Why is this season any more important than next? So much more that we just write off next season to finish this one?

It's not, that's my point. This season isn't more important, it's not less important either. So scrapping either isn't really a likely outcome in my opinion.

They'll just finish this one when it's safe to do so and then start the next one after an appropriate break.

If that means a temporary re-jig of the Football calendar to accommodate an unprecedented, unforeseen pandemic that affected the global population, then I'm certain that concessions will be made to afford the powers that be to shuffle some stuff about.

It's not, that's my point. This season isn't more important, it's not less important either. So scrapping either isn't really a likely outcome in my opinion.

They'll just finish this one when it's safe to do so and then start the next one after an appropriate break.

If that means a temporary re-jig of the Football calendar to accommodate an unprecedented, unforeseen pandemic that affected the global population, then I'm certain that concessions will be made to afford the powers that be to shuffle some stuff about.

Back to my original question then, what if if doesn't become safe to do so? Which is looking more likely with every passing day?

Back to my original question then, what if if doesn't become safe to do so? Which is looking more likely with every passing day?

If it doesn't become safe to do so then there will be no Football played whatsoever, whether it's considered this season or next.

I'm not blase about the pandemic, I think we've got another 6-8 weeks of this and it may get worse before it gets better but I also don't think it's going to last for 6 months + with the world on lockdown, flights grounded, hotels / restaurants / bars shut down and nobody making any real money, including some of the 1%. Money makes the world go round and all resources will be ploughed into big pharma to create and distribute a vaccine very quickly. However it plays out, like all things, this will pass eventually.

So then, for me it really becomes about 'when' it will be safe to do so. And that's the multi-million dollar question that nobody can agree on isn't it? Nobody knows the answer 'when' it will become safe again so meetings like the one taking place today are vital because they will be outlining what happens if that time is in 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months or a different time frame altogether. There may be different solutions decided upon based on each of those timescales.

well if they’re scrapping the euros they should scrap the season as it’s no different.
Sorry lad but they’res no way on this earth your a blue no way

They aren't scrapping the Euro's Matty. They are postponing the Euro's until it's both safe and convenient for that to be played. Very different.

I'm sorry you feel that way, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.