Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this was City, or United, or even Arsenal or Chelsea, on these points, and the league ends with no honours, it would not be anywhere near as big a deal would it. I'm sure their fans would still be fuming but ultimately this is an unprecedented situation and it would just be unavoidable. The season that never was.

Oh but because it's the lovables, and crucially because of the 30 years thing, the rs hordes in the media and across the world are DEMANDING they get the league. Not only because they're on the verge of winning it, but because they are desperate to break their duck.

For my money that's the absolute crux of it. If the rs had won the league in 2014/ last year, there wouldn't be this ridiculous hoo hah that they should just get this trophy regardless. It is because of the 30 years thing (and because they are entitled rs beauts obviously). Think about it.

If Everton were at the top of the table the league would have been stopped in February and there wouldn’t even be a discussion now about it, and that lot would be mocking us endlessly about it. In fact their club lawyers would probably be all over
It making sure that we didn’t win it in order to not damage their brand and ensuring that when football did start up their precious team was best placed to take advantage.

They’re just fuming that it’s the other way round. Let’s put it this way, if they hadn’t have had the blatant VAR matchfixing earlier in the season and City not just given up after being victim to it, we’d probably be looking at a gap of about 7 points potentially. Absolutely no one would be calling for the season to be completed (except ironically City who would favourites for the CL and FA cup). In fact after their loss to Atletico and event bad form some Liverpool fans would probably not mind if it was voided. Because their lead is so big however they think there’s an argument for somehow honouring their league position but no one else’s.

Personally, I can see this impacting multiple seasons and I think attention will soon turn to protecting arrangements for next season rather than trying to finish this one. There’ll either be a stitch up by Liverpool loving execs in the PL to somehow give them the trophy and be un fair to every other team bar a handful in the football pyramid (not beyond them at all) or they’ll just void the season.

It’s a choice between taking legal battles from multiple teams or taking them from one or two. More conceding for them is probably the gangster bookmakers who are set to lose millions if there’s no pay out on Liverpool winning.

Has a precedent been set in sport by cricket ? Competitive competition game not played because of bad weather so the team with the best record at the time is crowned winner.
Personally I think that sucks and shouldn't happen in football but it will be considered for sure.
However, if that criteria is used to decide the premiership title then so should euro qualifying and relegation places and suddenly you see thats just not right or fair.

It’d be a struggle to get 14. Liverpool Leicester Sheffield United Chelsea would want to play on. You only need 3 more teams then go vote with them. Wolves easily could as they’d be on for good prize money and Europe again. We’re the types of mugs who would vote in favour of it ‘for the good of the City’ and for the foolish idea we might get Europe. Palace wouldn’t want it voided as they’re safe. Brighton and Southampton would probably vote whatever way their paymaster Liverpool told them to as confirmed by the Brighton CEO practically writing a eulogy to Liverpool recently. No way 14 vote for it.

Void the league. For the health of the nation. The club needs to act in the benefit of its fans and surrounding community who are vulnerable. I'd doff my cap if the rs did this too. Imagine having to admit that they were doing the right thing.

Have to go through the teams and their reasons. This is how I view them: green is void, amber indifferent, red no void.

Liverpool
City
Leicester

Chelsea
Man U
Wolves

Sheff Utd
Spurs
Arsenal
Burnley
CP

Everton
Newcastle

Saints
Brighton
West Ham

Watford
Bournemouth
Villa

Norwich

They will also have to consider the teams in the Champinship.

Have to go through the teams and their reasons. This is how I view them: green is void, amber indifferent, red no void.

Liverpool
City
Leicester

Chelsea
Man U
Wolves

Sheff Utd
Spurs
Arsenal
Burnley
CP

Everton
Newcastle

Saints
Brighton
West Ham

Watford
Bournemouth
Villa

Norwich

City wouldn’t want to void, they are in the latter stages of 3 competitions with a great chance to win the one they’ve always wanted to.

I assume this is based on the assumption that there will be no relegation / promotion?

If not, the bottom 3 would almost certainly be against voiding for obvious reasons.

City wouldn’t want to void, they are in the latter stages of 3 competitions with a great chance to win the one they’ve always wanted to.

I assume this is based on the assumption that there will be no relegation / promotion?

If not, the bottom 3 would almost certainly be against voiding for obvious reasons.

CL won't that be down to UIEFA, nothing to do with the FL?

What's the PL being voided got to do with the CL?

You're in the wrong thread anyway, Liverpool cry thread is in World Football.

Liverpool
City
Leicester

Chelsea
Man U
Wolves

Sheff Utd
Spurs
Arsenal
Burnley
CP

Everton
Newcastle

Saints
Brighton
West Ham

Watford
Bournemouth
Villa

Norwich

Think Spurs and Arsenal would deffo void. Palace would void as well because their manager is 72 and at serious risk if it continues behind closed doors.

Cancel next season.

Take the PL on a world tour.
Create different tournaments that countries and TV can bid on.
Do this until February. Maybe do some stuff in this country as well.

March 2021 restart this season.

Would help out the travel industry.

Job done!

Status
Not open for further replies.