Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, but what if;
1) Clubs dont want to offer them
2) Players dont want to sign them?

I mean do we gave to offer Niasse a new deal?

If clubs don’t want to offer them, they don’t have to. But this will mean they won’t / can’t complain at a later stage if said player leaves with 5 or 6 games remaining.

If players don’t want to sign them then they can’t be forced to do so but, with the inevitable support of the PFA, it’s unlikely many players would want to burn bridges with their existing clubs.

Both seem fairly obvious and reasonable practical solutions.

Well friend it is not an easy choice for me just like that. All efforts should be made for the preservation of life no matter what age.

That was my point... It's an easy choice for me, which is people's lives over money (even if there's no guarantee it works).... Thought that was clear...

If clubs don’t want to offer them, they don’t have to. But this will mean they won’t / can’t complain at a later stage if said player leaves with 5 or 6 games remaining.

If players don’t want to sign them then they can’t be forced to do so but, with the inevitable support of the PFA, it’s unlikely many players would want to burn bridges with their existing clubs.

Both seem fairly obvious and reasonable practical solutions.

Why wouldn't they? What if the player has better terms elsewhere?

Clubs will complain on the basis that squads will be overhauled, and this goes against the rules outlined of the competition. It will invalidate the result if players move terms for the last 1/4 of the tournament.

Why wouldn't they? What if the player has better terms elsewhere?

Clubs will complain on the basis that squads will be overhauled, and this goes against the rules outlined of the competition. It will invalidate the result if players move terms for the last 1/4 of the tournament.

With respect, I’d say that’s not particularly likely.

For a start, “overhaul” is quite an excessive term wouldn’t you agree? Given the very few first team players this would apply to. You’re trying to paint a picture here that’s simply not accurate.

Secondly, teams change 1/2 way through the tournament as it is, why would it cause such uproar if this unforseen pandemic means clubs lose a couple of players (players who, for the most part, will have already been deemed largely unimportant enough not to tie down long term anyway) for just the final few games of the campaign?

Why should that lead to outrage?

There are only two possible solutions to my mind.
1. This season continues whenever it can and next season (and maybe the one after) is dealt with in the most practical way possible.
2. The season is simply abandoned and it's business as usual from August, presuming we are over this unprecedented mess.
The theory that we simply finish the season as things stand now will hugely undermine the sport and cause lasting resentment for years to come.
And we thought VAR was bad!

I can imagine their owners throwing an American tantrum in the meeting and all the other adults just giving in to settle them

Status
Not open for further replies.