Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
No because they haven't made significant contributions to film or theatre

They have however brought joy to their football fanbase, however much we may not like it. And we don't.

Let's not crush their spirit at a time where the world just needs a bit more frandliness

It would be momentary pleasure soon departed because they know it is not truly won. They would have long term negative vibes.

It would be momentary pleasure soon departed because they know it is not truly won. They would have long term negative vibes.

No because when the new season restarts there will be a guard of honour for them

If anything, the good feelings will perpetuate

It's a win-win situation IMO. The league gets canned and they don't get it then the amount of heads falling off from them lot will be amazing and if they are awarded it, then they were just given it and never won it.

Looking at it if it was a team other than Liverpool, I'd say they should be given it as they (begrudgingly) deserve it. As it is actually that lot across the park, stuff 'em!!!!! Miracles happen in football they will tell you, remember Istanbul or the Barcelona game? Ok! If miracles can happen then City can overturn a 25 point lead!

Let's not forget, they are partly responsible for our decline after the European ban. They deserve nothing. Yes I'm bitter, but who wouldn't be with neighbours like that

Can we just institute a blanket rule that anyone actually seriously advocating for the RS to be given the title without actually winning it is clearly a kopite and is to be shunned?

No real Blue is going to be in support of that. Masks are slipping and they aren't N95s.

Disappointing

Can we just institute a blanket rule that anyone actually seriously advocating for the RS to be given the title without actually winning it is clearly a kopite and is to be shunned?

No real Blue is going to be in support of that. Masks are slipping and they aren't N95s.

COVID-19 is doing a good job of flushing out all the kopites in this thread and all the mental masochists in the Current Affairs thread.

Voiding makes perfect sense, but I’d let the teams in a European place have it, tbh.

i don’t see how it’s viable to have Spurs qualify for Europe considering they’re 9th... and clearly not in a position to go further. Even though it’s not fair.

This is the really thorny issue.

Are any of those teams 25 points clear?

No. And they've been waiting 30 years, their current iteration is probably one of - if not the - best Premier League team ever, so it feels a bit weird and churlish to deny them the title.

Also let's be honest - they have a massive global fanbase. Think about how demoralising this would be - and would leave many feeling vulnerable at a bad time. Vulnerable = more susceptible to disease spread across many millions of people. It's an awkward phrase but giving Liverpool fans this "shot in the arm" could be a real positive at this time
How about giving the vast majority that are not lfc fans a shot in the arm by not gifting them title they have not yet won?

Status
Not open for further replies.