Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clutching. This is simply not true.

For starters, how many players who's contract expires in June are playing regularly this season? My guess is not many.

Secondly, due to unforeseen, sensitive, extenuating circumstances, how many of those players would be unwilling to temporarily extend their playing contract to allow the end of the current season to finish? Transfer windows would probably shift to re-align with the new season start date anyway, so there would be no benefit in them leaving their clubs early.

It wouldn't be problematic whatsoever to extend a few contracts by 3 or 4 months for the very few players that applies to.
Only it is true. You’ve chosen to dismiss it without even knowing how many players that affects, and you’ve ‘guessed’ that it’s not many. It’s circa 60 in the PL and includes players like Willian.

You’ve also decided to create the idea of temporary contracts for multi million pound players.

You’re definitely trying to hard.

lads saying everton will want the season cancelling because of the title bla bla, not that for me I want it cancelling because it’s been a disaster for Everton, the only glimmer left this season is getting into a potential Europa qualifier spot and let’s be honest that’s a nightmare for anyone with aspirations of having a good league campaign.

Time to gather stock identify changes to personal and get it right next season.

wrap Carlo in wool
Yeah Wolves are an abject failure this year because of their Europa campaign.

Its an excuse for poor teams.

The screaming coming from RAWK has been heard on the space station, talk about self indulgent tossers. There's a new sport starting, Sky should cover it, RS baiting. All you do is say two words to a red and the winner is the one who gets the longest response. Those two words are LEAGUE & VOID, bonus points can be awarded for changes in facial colour, blue scoring maximum points.

Telegraph saying Liverpool are gonna be given the title if league is cancelled
So I guess the teams in the bottom 3 will be relegated and the teams currently in European places will be given there positions so far??

They'll give them the title, but also not do anything else, so no Europe or relegation, just the same teams again. They do seem to be able to get the rules changed for themselves when they want - remember they got that thing changed where winners of the Europa League qualify for the CL.

Telegraph saying Liverpool are gonna be given the title if league is cancelled

they aren’t champions though are they ? They are by far the best team but they aren’t champions . I watched goshen stroll that first race yesterday and win me a right few quid then the jockey came off because the race wasn’t over or Herol Graham win a world title boxing julian Jackson head off for 12 rounds only to end up on his arse . Point being You don’t win until it’s over and it’s not over

So I guess the teams in the bottom 3 will be relegated and the teams currently in European places will be given there positions so far??

you can’t relegate though as it’s not over and they’ll litigate and you can’t play past June 1st with contracts for competition integrity. I
Think it’s done

We might aswell give them the trophy. Every other fan will always know that it will forever have an asterisk. It will always be valued less than any other league win. 18.5 league titles. Tbh, I think it would end up winding them up more that no matter how they try to push it in peoples faces, the retort will always be the same, regardless of how good they have been... "not a real title win though, was it..."

Alert the Man city army of lawyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.