Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neville's got him on strings. Carragher apologised later on.

It's really starting to sink in for some of them now. You can feel the anger Carragher had and rat boy James Pearce put something out earlier saying there is no rule saying the PL champions get given the title after 75% if they are top. That caused multiple Kopites to talk about wanting to top themselves, and some about wanting to riot.

This is going to be a slow descent into an acute case of psychosis for a lot of them as they begin to realise in life you dint automatically get given what you haven't earned because you throw enough of a tantrum.

Wrong Mate, you mean utter chaos.

And the new window will open in alignment with the contractual clauses, ie July 1st.

If your suggestion is that you can tell a player who has a contract with say Arsenal that he has to stay at Chelsea, even though he has a contract that says otherwise you are very mistaken. If you opt to change the rules on windows, without first clearing those contracts you are also going to be in enormous hot water from a litigation standpoint.

This is just basic stuff mate. You are peddling things that cant happen, and essentially illustrate why a league finish post June is unfeasible.

It’s not what I’m suggesting.

I’m not peddling thing’s that can’t happen. They most certainly can happen. If the season end was delayed, clubs and players could very easily agree short term contract extensions, no? If they choose not to then, for those very few players this applies to, the respective clubs would play their remaining games without them.

Therefore, if the season end was delayed, the transfer window would open in September or possibly October, rather than July.

What sort of litigation issues do you foresee with that potential outcome? And also, would they be worse and / or greater in number than the litigation issues they’d face if they voided, based on your experience of the legal system?

I’m not peddling thing’s that can’t happen. They most certainly can happen. If the season end was delayed, clubs and players could very easily agree short term contract extensions, no? If they choose not to then, for those very few players this applies to, the respective clubs would play their remaining games without them.

Therefore, if the season end was delayed, the transfer window would open in September or possibly October, rather than July.

What sort of litigation issues do you foresee with that potential outcome? And also, would they be worse and / or greater in number than the litigation issues they’d face if they voided, based on your experience of the legal system?
It is not likely though is it?

Well let's take Chelsea as an example. They currently have a great player in Willian whose contract expires on 30th June. He patently doesn't want to be a Chelsea player on 1st July. Lets say Chelsea have a game after the 1st July, its even feasible that they will have a number of games after this date. In these games they will not be able to play Mr Willian and this may cause them not to get as many points as if Mr Willian would be playing for them, If one or two of these points meant that they drop a couple of places in the league, there is a few million quid that Chelsea are worse off. If that also means they are denied the chance to play Europa/Champs league, thats is big bucks that will be litigated for.

Next summer is fine, people who have tickets don't want to go to games in the cold

I don't know why its even being mooted

Under that plan when would next season start? Like February???

UEFA could do worse than pick a host nation too. Travelling around various cities in current climate maybe not very smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.