Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice the conversation is starting to shift from season 19/20 must be finished to season 20/21 cannot be interfered with just to finish season 19/20.

SKY knows very well that season 19/20 is over at this stage. I think fans already in the main have lost interest and I would guess that even Liverpool supporters would happily call it a day if they could get the two wins they need under their belt. Football fans are largely in close season mode already .
Every attempt will be made to safely finish the season but finishing last season at the expense of the following season could be a hugely expensive exercise for everybody.

I wonder what the feeling is in countries like Spain and Italy where they have been ravaged by Corona virus deaths ? I expect that it is the least of their worries and would be very upset if there was any talk or suggestion of resuming football or any other sport in the future. They already have had so much misery and death , they will not want to risk another surge by opening up sport too quickly.

That will possibly be England in a few weeks.

football isn’t getting finished mate, sorry but lives overtake football and any other sport

I'm not saying it will be started again tomorrow.

Or even next month.

Perhaps not even the summer.

But sport will return, and when it does, they will finish the season. End of.

I notice the conversation is starting to shift from season 19/20 must be finished to season 20/21 cannot be interfered with just to finish season 19/20.

SKY knows very well that season 19/20 is over at this stage. I think fans already in the main have lost interest and I would guess that even Liverpool supporters would happily call it a day if they could get the two wins they need under their belt. Football fans are largely in close season mode already .
Every attempt will be made to safely finish the season but finishing last season at the expense of the following season could be a hugely expensive exercise for everybody.

I wonder what the feeling is in countries like Spain and Italy where they have been ravaged by Corona virus deaths ? I expect that it is the least of their worries and would be very upset if there was any talk or suggestion of resuming football or any other sport in the future. They already have had so much misery and death , they will not want to risk another surge by opening up sport too quickly.

That will possibly be England in a few weeks.

Italy want to finish their season when it is safe to do so.

I think the premier league, clubs and players needs to have a good long hard look at its self here. They are increasingly looking out of touch with reality. Trying to save a few £s. Take the pay cut. Help out those who work in your club and enable you to play football. Essentially do the right thing before you are shamed into it.

The season is done. Come to an agreement with broadcasters and move on. Maybe just maybe high transfer fees and salaries have to come down for a few years. Oh dear. Sure they will get over it whilst only earning £10m a year instead of £15m.

I think the continuation of the current season may well depend on how long the necessary distancing measures are in effect. For example, I think if there was close to some sort of normality around June or August (I cannot see that) then they may well cancel the current season and start again afresh for 20/21.

However, if the safety implications take us further into next winter, then they might think what is the point of starting a new season at that stage and just carry on where we have left off with 19/20.

Crying hahahhaha

No in all seriousness look - even if they restart the season on Christmas Day, it will finish. End of. Corporate greed, yes, and that's the reality.
While I hope you are wrong @orly I reluctantly can see the sad logic in what you are saying.

Not that a Kopite will ever see it this way but it will be a forever tainted title and a reminder that human life means little when it comes to the relentless pursuit of money.

You’ll never walk alone, eh lads?

Status
Not open for further replies.