Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you keep completely ignoring the FACT that they’ve already set the date for the 2021 Euros and that date can’t slide during that summer due to the new date set for the Olympics?

This means that next season must finish on time, there’s also the WC qualifiers to play, so the idea they could also shoe horn in the remainder of this season just doesn’t add up.

Just saying it’s not insurmountable is ignoring the actual reality and refusing to countenance the facts.

They'd set a date for the 2020 Euros and the 2020 Olympics too. That's a fact. They were moved, that's another fact.

To think they could clash or they'll be moved again is not beyond the realms of possibility. You're saying it is and that's your opinion, fair enough.

Nah. They'd airbrush the whole virus thing under the carpet much like they have Heysel. All we'd hear is "19 times, baby!" They couldn't care less about the circumstances under which their latest "triumph" arrived.

This. This this and all of this.

Even if they’re ‘crowned champions’ by selection, they will still count it - no matter how much people point out that it’s a ‘pity’ trophy.

They'd set a date for the 2020 Euros and the 2020 Olympics too. That's a fact. They were moved, that's another fact.

To think they could clash or they'll be moved again is not beyond the realms of possibility. You're saying it is and that's your opinion, fair enough.

I think the point of players being eligible to play in both at the same time effectively rules the out of running concurrently. that said, I still wouldnt be surprised if the Euros are altered or tweaked again to accommodate more changes as they might arise.

apologies - I thought this was a play off for the European spots below - my bad

Just reading about it: it’s not confirmed yet but they’re basically expecting them to take the positions as is, so bottom of the table go down etc. They can’t do that here, especially considering Villa are bottom three with a game in hand.

Again you’re ignoring both the simple facts and reality.

You’re trying to suggest that the Euros and Olympics being moved due to a worldwide pandemic, somehow has equivalence with moving them again due solely to a domestic football calendar. So our opinions don’t have equal validity, not even close.

They aren’t going to disrupt the Euros further, not when they’ve also got to fit in the Nations League, World Cup qualifiers and the playoffs for the final Euros spots next season

Add to the fact you’ve been told several times that the Euros can’t bleed into the Olympics dates due to broadcasting rights and the fact France, Germany and Spain are all competing in the Olympic football tournament and May call upon senior players

I said it the other day, Liverpool getting to end their three decade wait for a title and moving from 18 to 19 is never going to be a good thing for 90% of the population, never mind us Evertonians who suffer a city with (some of) them.

You actually think they’d be able to crow about getting handed a title out of sympathy after an unfinished season? Let’s get real here, they’re winning another title at some point in the future, so this is the sort of way I want them to get the first.

Nah. They'd airbrush the whole virus thing under the carpet much like they have Heysel. All we'd hear is "19 times, baby!" They couldn't care less about the circumstances under which their latest "triumph" arrived.

So? Everyone on the planet knows what happened. I’d rip them forever about it.

Your issue is though, neither were really moved for the PL, particularly the Olympics. The Olympics will not be moving again to help the PL out.

Status
Not open for further replies.