Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't be voided.
I don't think that is certain yet because I don't think anything is certain yet.

A lot will depend on what the television companies want . As each week goes by , as the transfer window opens the interest will shift to the next season as it always does. The television companies at some stage will also start to look forward and not backwards and a compromise may be reached with the league to just park the old season and move to the next.

Nothing is certain because it is the virus that is in control.

Don’t understand why so many of our fans would be so upset if they got awarded the title after cancelling the season, it would be absolutely hilarious. They’ve waited 30 years to be awarded a trophy on a technicality just to stop them crying and rioting, without ever seeing them even lift it and being unable to have a parade.

I said it the other day, Liverpool getting to end their three decade wait for a title and moving from 18 to 19 is never going to be a good thing for 90% of the population, never mind us Evertonians who suffer a city with (some of) them.

You haven't been consistent though. At one moment you are saying rescheduling the season is a lesser evil, but at the same time saying there's no evidence to suggest anything negative could happen. Both can't be true simultaneously.

Sure they can, I think rescheduling a season is complex and comes with it's own unique set of consequences, largely related to scheduling. I acknowledge those consequences and I'm not for one second saying that it's going to be easy, but it can be done (in my opinion). Moving things around to accommodate everything into a new calendar that isn't August - May absolutely can be done, we still have the same time period to fit it all in, but it's going to have to run across different months. Saying certain things 'can't' be moved is short-sighted and stubborn when a load of things have already been moved.

I doubt we will gain agreement for that. I will argue from the standpoint of what we know is realistic, and it's an either or. I prioritise a 38 game season. In truth I wouldn't feel comfortable with Everton plating 47 league games in a season. It's too much. It's not a sacrifice I'd be willing to make, even if it were possible.

Again, you say that your argument is realistic and mine isn't so we can go round in circles all day.

Nobody has proposed a 47 league game season. You're fighting windmills here, I haven't suggested that.

Finish the current league season. Appropriate break in between, as you would normally. Start next league season. All when it's safe to do so. Fit the international competitions around that.

Not straight forward, but not an insurmountable task by any means. That's what i've said repeatedly.

I dont think anyone has clarified here yet, but Brugge are 15 points clear with one game to go.

Yes just seen that and said on another post.

Essentially, league cancelled. Any position that is mathematically under question (however infeasible) is voided. Precedent is quite clear. Where there is doubt, of any kind, it's voided.

Sure they can, I think rescheduling a season is complex and comes with it's own unique set of consequences, largely related to scheduling. I acknowledge those consequences and I'm not for one second saying that it's going to be easy, but it can be done (in my opinion). Moving things around to accommodate everything into a new calendar that isn't August - May absolutely can be done, we still have the same time period to fit it all in, but it's going to have to run across different months. Saying certain things 'can't' be moved is short-sighted and stubborn when a load of things have already been moved.

Again, you say that your argument is realistic and mine isn't so we can go round in circles all day.

Nobody has proposed a 47 league game season. You're fighting windmills here, I haven't suggested that.

Finish the current league season. Appropriate break in between, as you would normally. Start next league season. All when it's safe to do so. Fit the international competitions around that.

Not straight forward, but not an insurmountable task by any means. That's what i've said repeatedly.

I think you are acknowledging, it is not ideal to move the season and there are plenty of reasons against it, which is fine. We agree.

You are essentially proposing we impact multiple seasons with these changes. If agreement can be gained, the price is too high for me, and in my view most clubs.

I think in reality it's an either or on seasons. My preference is protecting most clubs with the least worse financial option.

Different leagues have different rules. The premier league has one clearly stating that the season has to finish for it to count. Therefore they’d have to change precedent to make Liverpool champions. It’s not beyond them doing it but would open them up to all sorts of legal challenges.

Why do you keep completely ignoring the FACT that they’ve already set the date for the 2021 Euros and that date can’t slide during that summer due to the new date set for the Olympics?

This means that next season must finish on time, there’s also the WC qualifiers to play, so the idea they could also shoe horn in the remainder of this season just doesn’t add up.

Just saying it’s not insurmountable is ignoring the actual reality and refusing to countenance the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.