Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how you could conceivably play the season after months long break and say, with a straight face, that's how it would have ended otherwise. Teams go on runs, teams go on losing streaks. The season is dead as far as Im concerned because this isn't how the season would have ended no matter how you look at it.
like say, a team who had had an unreal run of good results could conceivably have a real bad run of results, starting with say, losing 4 out of the last 6 played could turn into losing the next 9, especially if that team had a history of bottling things.

I don't see how you could conceivably play the season after months long break and say, with a straight face, that's how it would have ended otherwise. Teams go on runs, teams go on losing streaks. The season is dead as far as Im concerned because this isn't how the season would have ended no matter how you look at it.

very fair point - question though; with that in mind should there be waves of coronavirus next winter and the one after which cause delays and suspensions, do you continue to void all leagues

very fair point - question though; with that in mind should there be waves of coronavirus next winter and the one after which cause delays and suspensions, do you continue to void all leagues
Yeah and what if an asteroid hit the Earth, would we have to cancel the Carabao Cup?

Always gonna be easier to just moan than offer something constructive to debate - good man, keep up the good work

;) ;) ;) ;)
It's always easier to regurgitate long rejected arguments in your pathetic attempt at self engrandisement. If I believed I was the only person bored stiff by you and your mates repetition I might have let it go but I am fully aware that your constant nonsense has bored us Blues rigid. If you think you're doing a good job by getting this reaction from me you'd be mistaken, just check the amount of 'likes' my responses have received then consider how pathetic people consider you and your mates responses. You are an irritant at best certainly no more but it's about time you went out and caught something, like a bus, before you complain.

A3FDE3F0-A8EB-465F-A53F-F377B4FBC16B.jpeg

Sky absolutely frothing at the mouth for Liverpool to get the title.

It's always easier to regurgitate long rejected arguments in your pathetic attempt at self engrandisement. If I believed I was the only person bored stiff by you and your mates repetition I might have let it go but I am fully aware that your constant nonsense has bored us Blues rigid. If you think you're doing a good job by getting this reaction from me you'd be mistaken, just check the amount of 'likes' my responses have received then consider how pathetic people consider you and your mates responses. You are an irritant at best certainly no more but it's about time you went out and caught something, like a bus, before you complain.

BUT BUT BUT WAIT.....

i really really want your likes

BUT BUT BUT WAIT.....

i really really want your likes

View attachment 82329

Sky absolutely frothing at the mouth for Liverpool to get the title.

Don’t understand why so many of our fans would be so upset if they got awarded the title after cancelling the season, it would be absolutely hilarious. They’ve waited 30 years to be awarded a trophy on a technicality just to stop them crying and rioting, without ever seeing them even lift it and being unable to have a parade.

Don’t understand why so many of our fans would be so upset if they got awarded the title after cancelling the season, it would be absolutely hilarious. They’ve waited 30 years to be awarded a trophy on a technicality just to stop them crying and rioting, without ever seeing them even lift it and being unable to have a parade.

I'd happily see the season ended, the reds given their fake non-title and we restart the new season when it's safe to do so.

I have been very consistent that this is my point, no contradiction whatsoever.

I don't think it's an either / or choice. I believe the 9 game season and the 38 game season can run consecutively, as long as the start point is only when this has abated and it's safe to return to Football. The latter point being something we're all unanimous on, obviously.

You haven't been consistent though. At one moment you are saying rescheduling the season is a lesser evil, but at the same time saying there's no evidence to suggest anything negative could happen. Both can't be true simultaneously.

I doubt we will gain agreement for that. I will argue from the standpoint of what we know is realistic, and it's an either or. I prioritise a 38 game season. In truth I wouldn't feel comfortable with Everton plating 47 league games in a season. It's too much. It's not a sacrifice I'd be willing to make, even if it were possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.