Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The uncertainty is certainly part of the problem, but realistically this is going to take months... based on what has happened elsewhere.
If you look at China and S. Korea where they took drastic measures they are only now feeling they have it under control but are still implementing extremely rigid controls on their own inhabitants and those wanting to enter their county... I don't think they will be playing football again anytime soon in China.

The governments of the UK and the USA seem to have adopted a different approach to the rest of the world and I fear that the virus may have devastating impact on both communities.

But, even if the effect is moderate rather than catastrophic there will still be a long period afterwards when caution has to be exercised to prevent the illness coming back again.

So how would compare us to Italy amd Spain?

So how would compare us to Italy amd Spain?
More like Italy than Spain. But at last it seems the seriousness of the situation is dawning.
I think this probably means the government realises the mess that is going to unfold in front of them.
Closing bars an restaurants is only the first step.
Making sure that people understand the problem and simply don't swap the pub for house parties is the next challenge.

Quite often we see the population being ahead of the government in knowing what needs to be done.

Sex, or any physical content is fine if it's with your regular partner and neither of you have Covid 19. I suppose it'd be safe with a complete stranger if he/she
wasn't infected. That ends if you come into contact with someone who's state of health you aren't sure of. You could resume physical contact after the recommended period of isolation. Common sense, really.

My sister is working in a and e and my mum and dad have cancer mum is still in in hospital very scary times for us were all toffees pray this virus gets sorted coyb
Hoping all the best for you and more importantly your mum and dad. To have one parent suffering from cancer must be horrible enough, but both... speechless. Take care mate. Your sister is a gem, must be rushed off her feet.

Saturday afternoon Social Distancing in my bit of Queensland

Sex, or any physical content is fine if it's with your regular partner and neither of you have Covid 19. I suppose it'd be safe with a complete stranger if he/she
wasn't infected. That ends if you come into contact with someone who's state of health you aren't sure of. You could resume physical contact after the recommended period of isolation. Common sense, really.

On dating apps from what I’ve noticed over the past week people are accepting that they aren’t going to be meeting up any time soon & will be sort of pen pals for a while. Quite refreshing.

I remember football . meeting for a pint With unrealistic but never diminished hope , being insanely excited and happy listening to that song play as they came out , watching fellas in blue let me down and disappoint before getting angry then repeating the beer thing again and after a rant finding the unrealistic hope arriving again .

feels like a long time ago already

Status
Not open for further replies.