Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering how much of an impacts covid will have on transfers payments.
Reckon it'll be about a 20% drop, on average, overall.
If the world economy goes into large recession it would be obscene for football to splashing the cash.
Might be a bit of reality brought back into the transfer madness.

Just a quick mention for The Malt Shovel in Neston. It is closing tonight because of this dreadful C19. But it has announced on FB that they will be providing packed lunches for kids that need them. Fantastic effort by Lyndsey and shows the importance of community pubs

I may put a go fund me page for this but not for hundreds just the odd £1or two. Very worthy cause. Thanks blues. It is a Blue House BTW

The thing that is pissing me off the most about this thing is that Joey66 is goingt to be self-isolating and consequently posting more.
I remember him telling someone on Kipper that he knows more about football than most because he's older, the adorable moron.

Worth reading the whole thread if you think you’ll see footy anytime soon. I doubt we’ll see any this year, never mind this season.

We've upsized our Intensive care by 5 times its current capacity, we're training people to perform very different roles, we're promoting medical students early, we're opening the children's ward to adult patients. Make no mistake, we're on a war footing here.

They've cancelled A-levels, which they didn't even do in the wars. We are nowhere near the peak, these are the total daily cases in the UK.

This is going to get much, much worse and I'm sure the football authorities know there is no possibility of football being played for months. Any attempt to stage a premier league match in the current scenario would be incredibly dangerous and I can't see the players' representatives entertaining the idea. Crowds will still form outside, you'll still need precious medical staff.

If we look at the statistics, and we take no precautions and carry on as normal, if there are around 500-600 players in the premier league first team squads, then a few hundred will end up with the virus, the number hospitalised would be in double figures, a few would end up in intensive care. A couple would die. This doesn't take into account all of the reserves, youth squads, support staff etc. How can you risk this? How can the results be deemed fair if you've played matches and some of your players were in the early stages of the illness?

I suspect they're just trying to be seen making the right moves. in a few months, squabbling about titles and TV payments is likely to leave a very bad taste in the mouth. Society will look very different in 3 months and football is not exempt from this.

I haven't been here for a few days and I don't know whether or not there's still any interest in an arbitrary handing of the title to Liverpool based on results
so far this season, but I see a worrying trend if there is.

The Australian NBL - basketball - has decided to hand their title to Perth Wildcats because they were leading the playoffs 2-1 before a halt was called to
the best of 5 series.

In the UK it's been decided, I believe, to give GCE pass marks to students based on how they've fared so far this year.

I had a phone call from one of my daughters today who knows nothing about football apart from the fact that I support Everton. She tells me that she's got
one leg in of a multi and the other four are Premier League matches that were postponed. I explained that they're not going to be played any time soon, if
at all and she thinks she should get the $127 pay-out. She's not a stupid woman and I told her that her chances are somewhere between none and zero,
but the fact that she's thinking that way, together with my other examples, is a cause for concern.

A post a saw on Twitter last night posted a picture of the Victoria tube line as rammed as usual and some absolute Tory slating them for not self-isolating - not even considering that for most, it’s a decision between getting sick or losing their jobs. The health hysteria whipped up by the media is undeniable, but the actual economic consequences may be even further than expected- I am VERY worried about the highstreet (it was on its arse anyway), jobs, the homeless, charities, especially footbanks, vulnerable kids who won’t have 8 hours of safety in school or a hot meal for a long time now, young mums and dads, the absolute HEROES at the NHS, the list literally could go on for an entire Pages
Suddenly, football doesn’t seem so important anymore...

The thing that is pissing me off the most about this thing is that Joey66 is goingt to be self-isolating and consequently posting more.
I remember him telling someone on Kipper that he knows more about football than most because he's older, the adorable moron.

But he is learning some thing new every day.

I said this from the off.

Money will rule the day. They will finish the season by awarding the title to Liverpool with no relegation.

The majority of the clubs will agree to this so they don't have to pay the money back.

They will have to, bet the money is already spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.