Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I look at it is, if everyone could be honest for a moment and answer the 1 hypothetical question... If there was a cold, logical decision to be made in any random season, for any random team, with any amount of points separating top from 2nd but still not mathematically certain, would you cancel and void, cancel and award the current state of play, or continue at the possible expense of thousands of lives?

The big thing seems to always boil down to how unfair it would be on Liverpool. The fact they haven't won it in 30 years, the fact they have had an insane year of presumably drug Fuelled dominance that in itsself is almost as unlikely as the outbreak and potential cancellation. The fact the other teams have faltered so much, in some cases, completely uncharacteristically.

My point is, if they were 5 points clear, they would most likely still say they deserved it, that they had earned it. If they had won it regularly over the last decade, they might still feel aggrieved, but probably wouldn't care as much as they do. If they had had a terrible year, they would want it cancelled. If it Was Everton or Manchester United at the top, you can bet your life they would want it cancelled.

The misfortune for them is it has come so late on in the season, after they have started to believe, after they had their flags, Tshirts and scarves prematurely printed, after the ridiculous run, the insane points total amassed, after the 30 year wait. Its all very unfortunate, but at the end of the day, it's nobodies fault, and it's a complete fluke, an act of god, not an act of sabotage.

What it boils down to, is there is still an entire 1/4 of the season to play and nothing has been mathematically determined. The point gap should not play any part of the decision. Norwich could still finish above Everton. Man utid could still finish 2nd. Any number of teams could still be relegated. And in any other year, they may well be safe by March.

Its unlucky for them that they have been so dominant in a season that is doomed to not be complete. But they shouldn't be rewarded because they were close. That is the emotional decision, not the fair/logical one.
Get your head down , see you in August? Maybe.

If, and only if, it was mathematically impossible for them to be caught, I could see (but not accept) an arguement for them being champions. As this is not the case I fail to see any justification in the crying for it.
I think everyone knows that with 10 games left ,you can't predict what will happen and that the logical and no choice decision is abandoning this season.
The bleating to finish the games is based on trying to get those points to strengthen their claim. Once they got them they would be happy to void the league and take the asterix trophy, tainted or not. They wouldn't give a fig who else got what and the effect on them.
They never have.

If Arteta hadn't tested positive the entire football program would have gone ahead.
Hard to believe now just a couple of days later.

I do not think so, Leicester had infected players as did some other clubs. As for our team all business was stopped to play safe and I think that would have killed off the derby anyway before the FL stepped in on Friday.

Been sick of seeing Layton Orient on Twitter acting like edgy goof balls offering games of naughts and crosses only to now be shut down by many clubs due to them having a strong association with the sun.

If, and only if, it was mathematically impossible for them to be caught, I could see (but not accept) an arguement for them being champions. As this is not the case I fail to see any justification in the crying for it.
I think everyone knows that with 10 games left ,you can't predict what will happen and that the logical and no choice decision is abandoning this season.
The bleating to finish the games is based on trying to get those points to strengthen their claim. Once they got them they would be happy to void the league and take the asterix trophy, tainted or not. They wouldn't give a fig who else got what and the effect on them.
They never have.

if they couldn’t be caught they’re champions end of story . Currently they can be caught so they aren’t

Not sure how they can go from no football for 2 months or so to then playing two games a week for 6 weeks. It's just not realistic to finish the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.