Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cancel next season.

Take the PL on a world tour.
Create different tournaments that countries and TV can bid on.
Do this until February. Maybe do some stuff in this country as well.

March 2021 restart this season.

Would help out the travel industry.

Job done!

Swerve going down that route of playing games abroad, spending half a billion on a new stadium would seem pointless if your going to play games all over the world

Swerve going down that route of playing games abroad, spending half a billion on a new stadium would seem pointless if your going to play games all over the world
It was more everyone worrying about what happens to this season. That's easy to sort.
What about next season? No planning can take place as nobody knows when this is going to end.

World tour or even a local one in this country would be easier to sort than a whole PL season at short notice.

You can’t play after the 1st July because of the contract situation it’s mad to suggest otherwise the whole integrity of the competition has gone when 3 and 4 players can be leaving squads or refusing to play . I don’t see how it works

Think it will be hard to get 14 clubs in favour of cancelling but you would hope that they would agree that playing behind closed doors is a no go without fans, if the virus is still getting bigger which is expected till June then would they want to risk their players and staff catching it by travelling around?

The sensible option is cancel and hopefully start the season new in August but the main point is always going to come back to money

Also, if the prem clubs vote to end the league do the EFL clubs vote on there own leagues, say the championship vote to carry on but the prem has finished, there will be no promotion to the prem and no teams leaving the prem to the championship

What's the PL being voided got to do with the CL?

You're in the wrong thread anyway, Liverpool cry thread is in World Football.

So you reckon the Premier League, Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga, Ligue One and co will get voided for health reasons, but the CL will carry on as normal?

Bed.

Have to go through the teams and their reasons. This is how I view them: green is void, amber indifferent, red no void.

Liverpool
City
Leicester

Chelsea
Man U
Wolves

Sheff Utd
Spurs
Arsenal
Burnley
CP

Everton
Newcastle

Saints
Brighton
West Ham

Watford
Bournemouth
Villa

Norwich

Chelsea would void because they'd be in CL based on last years standings, same as Spurs. Palace would based on Hodgson being in the age risk.

Think all three below us would too, just to stave off relegation fears if we, unlikely, continued. There's 14

It's time for the ePremier League to step up. Get the actual real life squads to play 11-a-side on FIFA and complete the remaining fixtures in the safety of digital arenas. Carlo can be in the party but his mic set at max 1 volume until half time.

Dont think I would even want to win the thing at this point - surely after 30 years winning it in this manner is the worst way possible?

Obviously the out of towners and foreign fans on twitter will be made up so they can bounce around online calling themselves champions but with whats going on for me it must be so underwhelming especially if they are either "awarded" it or win it in an empty stadium.

I genuinely can’t see that happening without murder over it. I know they get special treatment but awarding a team a title they didn’t win is a bridge too far for me. If by some madness it did happen the trophy would be worthlessness.

Status
Not open for further replies.