Club Direction Recruitment Grit and Passion over Style and aesthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give Carlo, a genuine winner, everything he wants.

Doesn't matter about style or passion. It's about giving one of the best managers in world football the tools

0D5D04A3-E7D5-45EF-A684-03D15CA7D7C9.jpeg

Plenty of grit, get him in

An attacking flair and a robust defence is what we need going forward.

The defence that doesn't concede many goals and in games where we struggle can operate a siege mentality.

Attacking flair to create chances out of nothing but sustain pressure when we are on the front foot.

For both we need a midfield up to the task. That can both tackle back and start attacks on the floor rather than hoofing it as we have had to with the coward and gomes/Davies in the middle.

Kompany
Walker
Laporte
Zabaleta
Toure
Sagna
Boateng

Some decent ones there mate not being a tit i know what you are getting at has been a few duds but they have some talent as well to be fair.

I meant under Pep:

Yan Couto (March 2020) – £5.4m
Joao Cancelo ( August 2019) £58.5m
Pedro Porro (August 2019) £10.8m
Angelino (July 2019) £10.8m
Philippe Sander ( July 2019) £2.25m
Aymeric Laporte (January 2018) £58.8m
Benjamin Mendy (July 2017) £51.75m
Kyle Walker (July 2017) £47.4m
Danilo (July 2017) £27m
John Stones (August 2016) £50m
Oleksandr Zinchenko (July 2016) £1.7m
Combined total: £324.4m

£324mill. 1 good centre half.

Said this yesterday we have targeted too many nice players with nice skills and not enough gritty fighters who want to win and lead a team. We have nobody in the team who gets us going when we go behind. There is just a shrug of the shoulders and a acceptance of defeat the only three players with any of this are Richarlison, Holgate and Digne. We are desperate absolutely desperate for a fighter and a leader in midfield. It makes me wonder if Brands knows the kind of player we want at Everton. I guess Delph was an attempt but he has been a dud.

You could put Tom Davies in that city team and he'd look a world beater most weeks. Ake, meh. So many better players (CB) in world football than him, for less than 40mill.

Yeah. I've never got what's so special about him. Never made it at Chelsea, even his loans weren't that great. Bournemouth got him and haven't been known for an outstanding defence or him being a stand out.

He's not strong...Stones is a better footballer if you want that kinda of defender.

I dunno.

Yes agree some good players to be had but with obvious competition for them and hopefully the covid situation will make the transfer fees more realistic again.
Nathan Ake
Ismael Sarr
Just a couple i like the look of especially Sarr i remember wanting us to sound him out after i watched him take the piss out of us and score a hat trick in a friendly fair few years ago.

Ake is obviously not coming to us.

I think if Sarr is available (and he will be) then some of the bigger clubs. with deeper pockets will want him. I think the same with Cantwell and Aarons at Norwich.

I'd like Buendia but you really need to play in a certain style to get the best out of him.

At Watford, I'd look at Capoue. Think he's decent player and good be a good experienced head in the centre of the park. Brings a bit of strength too.

At Bournemouth, I'd be looking at David Brooks. I'd also be considering Ryan Fraser and looking to bin 1 or both of Bernard and Walcott. Even if it meant taking a minimal fee. Ramsdale at Bournemouth might be worth considering if Carlo wants to put genuine pressure on Pickford (or look for a replacement to ease in over 2020/21). I like Jefferson Lerma too but not sure he's what is needed.

The one thing from Brands I was hoping is we would sign literal nobodies who were determined to make a name for themselves which made them hungry and willing to put the effort in people like Richarlison/DCL/Holgate who would work effortlessly because they weren't a fancy name, I don't think we can fill our whole squad with these type of players but we need a nice balance with hungry workers and genuine quality players, Signings like Sandro and Vlasic are good cause they're cheap they'll want to impress in the Premiership and maybe earn a move to a elite club.
Too many of the current players are just coasting probably because they can't be dropped because our squad is hollow as an kinder egg.
Probably going to take more than one window to fix current problems unless Ancelotti is absolutely ruthless behind the scenes.
Sandro wasn’t cheap when his wages are factored in. The idea works if we don’t massively over pay on wages.

Give Carlo, a genuine winner, everything he wants.

Doesn't matter about style or passion. It's about giving one of the best managers in world football the tools
We already have way too many tools playing for us,yes Carlo has a great track record as manager but our player recruitment has been nothing short of useless since moyes left,looking back at last summer and how many on this site were bragging about how brilliant brands was ,he tells other clubs what the score is and they are falling down at his knees to do business with him,you can see why now,if we are going to run with a dof he needs to up his game massively

Status
Not open for further replies.