Please login to remove this advert.

CL playoff - thoughts re: Everton

Discussion in 'Everton Forum' started by Groucho, May 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Groucho

Groucho Moderator Staff Member

What say lads? Should there be a CL playoff in future (I know that's not what the article says exactly but....)

For or against? I know this could be duplicated in World Football but whatever, as long as it's not silly it's ok.

Would you have a CL playoff as a regular thing?

2. I think this season it's hugely unlikely mate as some of the connotations involved Middlesbrough beating them lot....

But in general, maybe. But Everton obviously bottle it should we get in so maybe not.

BlueToff likes this.
  3. Alanbileysfeathercut

Alanbileysfeathercut Player Valuation: £30m

They have a europa play off in Wales

But how would it work

Top 8 clubs play off for 3 or 4 places

4. brieverton

brieverton Player Valuation: £10m

I'm not in favour of play-offs unless 2 or more teams cannot otherwise be separated under the rules.

Things are/should be clear in terms of qualifying criteria from the start of the season.

We might get into a Top 4 spot and lose a play-off to a side finishing 5th or 6th.

I don't like it, its just another sop to the broadcasters.

5. Azza

Azza Player Valuation: £70m

Arsenal will thrash us at least 5-0 so it's a bit irrelevant really.

6. RFUS

RFUS Anustart

Not for me. It's putting dosh for broadcasters first and fairness second.

Don't really agree with the play off in the lower leagues either. After a gruelling 46 game season if you finish 3rd then you're the 3rd best team so you should go up. Losing that to a team who might have finished 20 points behind you is a kick in the teeth.

7. These.

You are the 4th best team over 38 games, you deserve that place.

8. tommypotts

tommypotts Player Valuation: £950k Forum Supporter

Yes there should be a CL playoff, but it should be between the team that finished 4th and the FA Cup winners.

9. Eggs

Eggs Player Valuation: £70m Forum Supporter

...nah, if you finish 4th after 38 games you deserve to qualify. Saying that, I've always thought the 4th place would be better going to the FA Cup winners.

a bell maul likes this.
  10. anton66

anton66 Player Valuation: £25m

Finishing 30 points adrift of the Champions shouldn't even get you in the Europa league.:blush:

11. The Blue Watch

The Blue Watch Player Valuation: £8m

You just know that the second it got introduced, we'd probably finish 2nd and lose in the CL playoff final

OneTrueLegend likes this.
  12. Blue Horse

Blue Horse Player Valuation: £500k

I'm sure it'll be brought in the next time we nab fourth and the other lot miss out.

13. The binman chronicles

The binman chronicles Player Valuation: £35m

I think the rule should be if we finish outside of the CL spots then a play off should take place up to that place we are in, hopefully an odd number giving us a bye in the first knock out game.

If we finish inside of the usual CL spots then no play off that year. Seems fair to me anyhow.

14. peteblue

peteblue Welcome back Wayne

You are as good as where you finish in the league......so a big no from me....

15. ToffeeDan

ToffeeDan Prediction League Mod

If they'd had this for 4th-7th we'd have been in it loads of times but, of course, they haven't.

brieverton likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.