Civil war at Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toffeeslam

Player Valuation: £35m
Now the board have pretty much declared war on the fans by briefing against the fans to the already hostile press the situation is now unprecedented.

Where do we honed go from here (apart from the championship) to try and reunite the club.

For me we need a complete clear out at board level and a root and branch review of all football matters including the youth teams.

That includes new coaches and manager the whole thing needs a reset.

No nation ever conquered another in the midst of a civil war. Blame this that and the other is irrelevant. If we're not all on the same side, we go down.
"Sack the board" is wholly futile as currently nobody we would want to take over, would. Anyone who would willingly take over Everton right now would almost certainly just be a Blackburn style strip the assets kind of thing.
Realistically, we would struggle to get a better manager than Lampard. Maybe Roberto would come back, but I have serious doubts about that, and it may be no better anyway.
Our players aren't up to scratch, and we're unlikely to appeal to anyone who isn't "in need of a second chance" or something.

The best thing we can do is sack off the football side of it. Remember Stoke? We need to become Stoke. We need 8 yellow cards a game. We need to kick absolute bits out of our opponents, juuuuust enough to get away with it. Sign 5 players from Marine or City of Liverpool or Southport or someone. Doesn't matter who they are, as long as they can snap someone. One, and only one, of these players will be brought on as a substitute in the 80th minute against each of our relegtion rivals. Their one job is to injure that teams best chance of keeping them up. For example, yesterday, JWP. Is it immoral? Yes, but so what? We've been getting done over by cheating kopite, manc, and southern rats for my entire life. It is time to bite back.

The league isn't just about the points you collect. It's about the points you stop your opponent from getting. It's time to go full snide. And I don't mean the prissy "oooh a big mean atmosphere that disappears as soon as they score anyway," I mean serious Mortal Kombat behaviour. I want to see Scamaccas career ended by a 37 year old Bootlehead who's never played in a tier above national league before. I want to see Idrissa Gueye hissing in the other teams face, telling them that they're a worthless debauched westerner and they will burn in the eternal hellfire. I want to see Onanas elbows fly in every single direction every time he jumps for a ball. And God help me if I don't see Jordan Pickford aim his dives in a way where his knees take out strikers groins every time he comes down on someone who's diving in.

If we try to play football, we are going down and we are never coming back up. It is time to go full blown "the replacements."

No nation ever conquered another in the midst of a civil war. Blame this that and the other is irrelevant. If we're not all on the same side, we go down.
"Sack the board" is wholly futile as currently nobody we would want to take over, would. Anyone who would willingly take over Everton right now would almost certainly just be a Blackburn style strip the assets kind of thing.
Realistically, we would struggle to get a better manager than Lampard. Maybe Roberto would come back, but I have serious doubts about that, and it may be no better anyway.
Our players aren't up to scratch, and we're unlikely to appeal to anyone who isn't "in need of a second chance" or something.

The best thing we can do is sack off the football side of it. Remember Stoke? We need to become Stoke. We need 8 yellow cards a game. We need to kick absolute bits out of our opponents, juuuuust enough to get away with it. Sign 5 players from Marine or City of Liverpool or Southport or someone. Doesn't matter who they are, as long as they can snap someone. One, and only one, of these players will be brought on as a substitute in the 80th minute against each of our relegtion rivals. Their one job is to injure that teams best chance of keeping them up. For example, yesterday, JWP. Is it immoral? Yes, but so what? We've been getting done over by cheating kopite, manc, and southern rats for my entire life. It is time to bite back.

The league isn't just about the points you collect. It's about the points you stop your opponent from getting. It's time to go full snide. And I don't mean the prissy "oooh a big mean atmosphere that disappears as soon as they score anyway," I mean serious Mortal Kombat behaviour. I want to see Scamaccas career ended by a 37 year old Bootlehead who's never played in a tier above national league before. I want to see Idrissa Gueye hissing in the other teams face, telling them that they're a worthless debauched westerner and they will burn in the eternal hellfire. I want to see Onanas elbows fly in every single direction every time he jumps for a ball. And God help me if I don't see Jordan Pickford aim his dives in a way where his knees take out strikers groins every time he comes down on someone who's diving in.

If we try to play football, we are going down and we are never coming back up. It is time to go full blown "the replacements."
Did you write to the board yesterday by any chance?

Now the board have pretty much declared war on the fans by briefing against the fans to the already hostile press the situation is now unprecedented.

Where do we honed go from here (apart from the championship) to try and reunite the club.

For me we need a complete clear out at board level and a root and branch review of all football matters including the youth teams.

If you go to the matches, then stop...if you buy any merchandise then stop...again if we all do that, yes it will be initially very painful but this is the only way long term changes will happen. And the club will try to keep the fans on-board with fake news and cheap transfers...we just need the resolve to not listening to the noise and keep thinking on the long term goal.

We've done that review of football matters, we had a load of people go and a load of people come in, we haven't got room to spend due to the regs so it's a slow process. You don't go from nearly being relegated, losing your best player so we don't get sued by the clubs that did go down to being great the following one. Is Thelwell the right person for the job? Don't know. But if we fire a DoF who's had one hand tied behind his back after just a year we aren't going to get far.

The board should go but don't think for one second that their removal will suddenly propel us up the league.

When we say the board how does Moshiri get out unscathed financially? If indeed it's his money that's been spent. Seems impossible. As mentioned above this will turn truly ugly as more details emerge of what's actually been going on for the last 6 years or so.

The problem regarding popular opinion with people who aren't Evertonians is that all they see is Moshiri has spent hundreds of millions. That's it. They see that and think we should be forever grateful.

The problem is that he inherited a great squad and spent his money watering it down. We are now in a position where we can't buy because of the FFP and we have a midtable Championship squad.

Get a grip

Status
Not open for further replies.