Chris Matheson MP being gagged by Elstone, EFC shareholders meeting moved to the Winslow pub

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerbyshireAndHarper

Player Valuation: £2.5m
Chris Matheson, Labour MP for Chester and an EFC season ticket holder, stood up in Parliament last October and during a debate, used parliamentary privilege (the ability to say stuff within the confines of parliament without being sued for slander) to state that Philip Green had been a shadow director of Everton: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/philip-green-was-everton-shadow-12036635

Fast forward to last week. The Everton Shareholders Association announced that their latest meeting tomorrow would be held (as per usual) at Goodison Park, and that Matheson would be a guest speaker.

Robert Elstone wasn't having any of that and put the kibosh on it. And told the Shareholders Association that they'd have to hold their meeting elsewhere too. And after Matheson had talks with Elstone, he's dropped out of speaking completely now, basically to keep the peace. The Shareholders Association meeting is now taking place at the Winslow pub instead.

What exactly does Elstone and the club want to hide? Why object to someone - a local MP and a season ticket holder of the club too - speaking? Embarrassing stuff from Elstone and the club.

Story on it here:
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-issue-chris-matheson-mp-12640976

I thought we'd moved past all this silliness with the arrival of Moshiri but it seems not. Seems like the relics of the past don't want the past discussed.

Last edited:

...Elstone is a link to the past and the past is something Elstone doesn't want to talk about. If Moshiri's people read this site I'm sure they understand the majority of fans would prefer this man leave our club.
As smart a businessman as Moshiri is I wouldn't be surprised if he has people with an eye on places like this to gauge public opinion.

As smart a businessman as Moshiri is I wouldn't be surprised if he has people with an eye on places like this to gauge public opinion.
If he does I'm embarrassed at the way some of the weapons on here talk about him being a fraud etc.

As a side note, well done to the Echo (for a change) for publishing the story. It's the sort of thing we've accused them of covering up in the past.

Agree with everyone else though. Hoped these sort of episodes were in the past. The sooner we get rid of the old guard the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.