Chris Kamara/Owen on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it a few times but stoke have an offer on the table and are hopeful that a fewer minor negotiations will take place this week and green light it , although they could do with shipping someone out to perhaps up the wages. Stoke certainly consider themselves the favourites although that doesn't mean it'll happen.

Despite all the people , posters , journos and twitter accounts that have talked of interest from Everton I've consistently said that I'm told and I believe we haven't made even an enquiry for Owen and have no interest in him , that could be wrong but I don't think it is

That will do for me. Thanks.

I really wouldn't mind adding Owen as a squad player. You probably need 4 strikers in the squad we have jelavic Vic and vellios (who looks to be going out on loan) so we do probably need to add 2 more. On the right wages obviously if Owen was 1 of them I don't think it would be bad business.

Interesting comment made by Owen earlier when asked about where he'd like to go he said
" I'd like to Play for the best possible team"
" if it was a team local to my house, excellent"

Whether we're in for him or not, I have no doubt hes hoping we take him!

I can see this happening tbh.... were on about letting Vellios go out on loan for the season, it would make sense to get owen in as cover, if jelavic gets injured or even mirallas now who will cover them? dont say anichebe coz we all know hes gash.... Owen will take a pay cut and sign for us, on a similar deal to louis saha when he first joined. It makes perfect sense for owen, he lives 30 mins from goodison and all his stables and horses are here in Northop (welsh/chester border)... I seen his mate in the shop the other night and he did say Everton were interested in him.... Didnt say nothing more than that tho the tw@t :p

Personally i dont see it being to bad as long as his wages dont cripple us because when he is fit he is a good finisher and good poacher, he can certainly come on in the last 20 mins and maybe change the game... but we shall wait and see

Anichebe is that gash that he scored 5 league goals in 12 appearances last season, most of which were off the subs bench.

He is more than adequate cover.

Some of the far bigger names in the league don't even have a strike rate of more than 1 in 3. Owen hasn't scored 1 in 3 in about 5 years.

Anichebe is that gash that he scored 5 league goals in 12 appearances last season, most of which were off the subs bench.

Some of the far bigger names in the league don't even have a strike rate of more than 1 in 3.

I remember us buying Anichebe last summer and him never having played for us previously to that.

I remember us buying Anichebe last summer and him never having played for us previously to that.

I don't know what last summer has to do with the price of fish?

Yes, lets ignore how well Anichebe has done recently, and lets just focus on his unsuccessful spells.

If we were to focus on Mirralas past history, and not his recent record, then he has a far worse goal scoring record than Anichebe. A far, far worse record, in a much more inferior league.

I don't mind Vic on the bench too much but he's not good enough to start and I think Vellios has more potential. We'll see. I just don't think an extra striker will do us any harm though I'd prefer it to be a young one like Niang rather than Owen.

Right now if Jelavic gets an injury, we don't look clever at all. However good Vic looked in cameos last year he's not a week in, week out goalscorer.

I think the problem with Anichebe isn't form or natural ability, it's attitude and personal drive. He's shown flashes of genuine brilliance over the years to show us why he still is where he is. But you only have to watch him play (be it a full game or when he comes on) to see why he's never progressed to be a regular starter for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.