Choose your team and formation

Status
Not open for further replies.

buededw1

Player Valuation: £10m
I'm really interested to see how you guys want Everton to line up this year. Its rare to have so many options. I went for:-

Pickford

Coleman Mina Zouma Digne

Gana

Sigurdsson Gomes

Theo Bernard

Richarlison

My reasons below, excluding the obvious ones such as Pickford and Coleman :-

Centre back's - Mina and Zouma (if we sign) add height, pace, youth and aggression all the thing's i feel Keane and Jags lack. Could lack anticipation, but regardless they are better than we have.

Left back - I would happily play Baines or Digne, the reason I went for Digne is because his already played with Mina and he speaks french, so I feel he would have a better understanding with a new look defence and he's the future.

Def Midfield - Gana, let him do what he does best, win the ball, provide energy and pass the ball to the two guys in front to create. I would really simplify his role.

Centre Mid - Sig / Gomes both bring height, energy, can can control a game and both are very comfortable on the ball. I know there are mixed reviews on the Sig, but i feel in this team he would flourish and his set pieces with the added height will be a huge plus.

The top Three - I feel with Theo Bernard and Richarlison you have a great dynamic, speed, assist and goals, it would lack someone who could hold the ball up, but the way Silva likes to play i feel he would let them be interchangeable, similar to barca or the shxxx next door.

Bench

So many options, I hope we ship a lot of players out on loan.

Virginia
Baines
Keane or Holgate
Tosun
Lookman
Morgan
Davies
Lewin

Unhappy -

Holgate
Jags
Bolasie
Sandro
Martina
McCarthy
Niasse
Besic
Vlasic
Dowell
Kenny
Beni
Stek
Kenny

depthchart.jpg

Not that i want us to play this team, but possibility to play 3 at the back now we have mixture of pace and height aswel as pace on full backs

Pickfod

Mina
Jags
Holgate

Coleman
Gana
Siggy
Digne

Walcott
Cenk
Richarlison

As i said i wouldnt choose it personally but in some games it might work, maybe away to a top 4 side and hit them on the counter?

I know it's a bit of fun, but I will leave that for Silva to work out :)

Thinking though that if we do sign Zouma, is he seriously considering 3 at the back for the season.

Either way, Sigurdsson doesn't get in our strongest XI.

Depends on the system tbf, C.

I don't think we'd get the best out of Bernard if he played as one of three CMs in a 4-3-3, whereas I think Gylfi can play that role.

If we're going for a 4-2-3-1, then as it stands I'd say yes, Gomes for that deep role (he can play there, Gylfi may be able to, but hasn't proved it) and Bernard behind the striker.

But there's options, which is the main thing. And if people want to play, they have to up their game. That includes the Turkish Jelavic and the handsome viking.

Depends on the system tbf, C.

I don't think we'd get the best out of Bernard if he played as one of three CMs in a 4-3-3, whereas I think Gylfi can play that role.

If we're going for a 4-2-3-1, then as it stands I'd say yes, Gomes for that deep role (he can play there, Gylfi may be able to, but hasn't proved it) and Bernard behind the striker.

But there's options, which is the main thing. And if people want to play, they have to up their game. That includes the Turkish Jelavic and the handsome viking.

I really don't think he can P.

Status
Not open for further replies.