Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Football is such a lottery. Gone are the days when you were basically confident that the squad were decent enough and tried their best for the team when they got picked.
Now you shell out millions for some bloke and the guy turns out to be hopeless but you're stuck with him.

Just got back now from the game absolutely crap back to marco silvas Everton that.couldnt of won a fight with a paper bag.pickford kept it from been more than 4 defence crap midfield think stayed at the team hotel.shambolic

Feel sorry for you all who travelled. You shown more commitment than any of them spineless turds.

I mean look we’ve done way better than we should’ve been doing and that’s down to having a top class manager, but Ancelotti can only do so much. We have players who cannot even comprehend the basics of pass and move football in that squad along with several players so devoid of ability that we literally cannot sell them to anyone. With the few contracts we have expiring we’ve still got some players we’re going to be stuck with due to contractual situations, lack of ability or a combination of both. We have to get the recruitment just right over the coming windows because at the moment we literally have about three or four decent players.

Can anyone tell me this please - i haven't even had the stomach to watch MOTD or read the match report so haven't seen anything - did we fight at all and it was just difficult? Remember when we were awful and BIg Dunc at least got us fighting and scrapping as a basic element of our play - did we do that?

Our bad days have to be much less bad. The fact we are so dreadful on our off days shows a lack of fight and commitment. The players gave up at the break. It's not good enough. Not one player stood up and tried to raise standards.

Seen some bad away defeats and poor away performances in person and in my time as a supporter of this club. This one was right up there. To a man we were poor, weak, lethargic, and whatever other description springs to mind. People saying, Sidibe, Davies, Bernard were very poor etc. For me, every player was off today. Every time we get to a stage when we're saying and thinking a big win will project us to the next level......we capitulate or don't show up in one form.or another.
Long journey home was that!

One thing related to this bothers me - whoever comes in - whatever top, new players, manager, coaches, somehow we still display the same weaknesses - across all of the last 7-8 years (since 2013 just as a measure) who has been there in the board, or backroom, or influencing the culture that we cannot change? Why is it we never have a new manager bounce for longer than a few games. Ok Mourinho is struggling again now, but if you look around many clubs improve immediately with a new manager, and i wonder why someone like Carlo cannot change these players what's wrong? They're not horrible players, they're all decent EPL at worst, or excellent young players with potential - why doesn't it work like it does for other managers at other clubs? Or am i just in the blue funk when the hope is killing me on a Monday morning?

One thing related to this bothers me - whoever comes in - whatever top, new players, manager, coaches, somehow we still display the same weaknesses - across all of the last 7-8 years (since 2013 just as a measure) who has been there in the board, or backroom, or influencing the culture that we cannot change? Why is it we never have a new manager bounce for longer than a few games. Ok Mourinho is struggling again now, but if you look around many clubs improve immediately with a new manager, and i wonder why someone like Carlo cannot change these players what's wrong? They're not horrible players, they're all decent EPL at worst, or excellent young players with potential - why doesn't it work like it does for other managers at other clubs? Or am i just in the blue funk when the hope is killing me on a Monday morning?
Yep. We've been through this time and again, amidst several changes of managers and coaching staff etc etc.
I still thing Carlo can be that manager who changes things, because he's been there and done it. Unfortunately it won't be a quick fix, despite a promising start to his time here. I got ahead of myself before this run of fixtures (starting with Arsenal). Until we start winning against these teams more frequently (especially in away games) there'll always be questions and gripes etc.
As a fan base, we are desperate to see that positive change in culture. My worry is, if Carlo can't do it, who can? We've tried every type of Manager since Moyes left.

Status
Not open for further replies.