Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
4-4-2 was working well for Duncan and Carlo. Today was just a shocking day. I suppose teams at this level should be able to adapt and change their formation with a reasonable level of fluidity.

The unfortunate thing today was that we couldn't even string a pass together and the team played like they all had advanced anthrax

Players of caliber of davis and siggy and keane and sidibe are very very average and wont cut in any formation. Mid table players at their top form. So send them out off form together and it's a hammering.

End of season can’t come soon enough for me
Our midfield has been poor for a long time and that is the Achilles heel. This needs addressing ASAP in the summer.
No pace,not getting in the oppositions faces
No aggression either. In fact today’s body language from the players was a disgrace.
This has been the case for years but this club keep on letting the fans down with average signings and poor scouting
Everton as a club don’t deserve the support they get. Especially our away fans. Our following away from home is tremendous.
yes the away support is brilliant, amazing really when you see the rubbish served up to them season after season, was the young fella who ran on the pitch one of us?

It was a truly shocking performance today. One of the worst that I have ever seen - and there have been plenty of those.
Looking for positives.
I thought that Pickford did well , and that Kean and Gordon did well when they came on.
As we are virtually safe , I would like to see Kean , Gordon , and some other youngsters get some experience , after we get stuffed by the RS.
Oh , what's it like being a Blue. Can't wait for another season to be over , and then the rebuild can begin in earnest.

We accepted bids for Niasse in January but he wouldn't go because he thinks he's too good for the championship. How can you have a clear out if they won't go? It's something only time can sort out, only once the contracts are up they'll be gone.. 2-3 years
I thought Niasse’s contract finished this summer?

You know its bad when you lost 4-0 and your keeper is still voted MOTM by a large margin.

It was a truly shocking performance today. One of the worst that I have ever seen - and there have been plenty of those.
Looking for positives.
I thought that Pickford did well , and that Kean and Gordon did well when they came on.
As we are virtually safe , I would like to see Kean , Gordon , and some other youngsters get some experience , after we get stuffed by the RS.
Oh , what's it like being a Blue. Can't wait for another season to be over , and then the rebuild can begin in earnest.
Yep. I didn't think anything could be worse than December's derby, yet the FA cup derby and today's humiliation have managed to equal it.
Europe hopes are all gone now. We're surely safe from the drop, so giving some minutes to the young players like you mentioned should be a priority.

Thought that was poor from Carlo today. Chelsea were there to be got at but our shape and line-up made it easy for them to cut through us.
They had so much time all over the park and it made us look silly at times.
Ross with his massive inconsistencies is still above anything we have in midfield and Willian went past Digne and Holgate as if they werent there. However, if DCL puts away that chance at 2nil then Chelsea might have dropped. Was just too comfortable for them for the whole game. No better opportunity for the team to make up for it now though

Never like my team to lose, but to lose the way we did today illustrated perfectly where we are as a team. It MUST do us a favour in the long run. we are fortunate to be as high as mid-table to be honest with the lack of quality We have. We are MILES behind not only chelsea, but the likes of wolves aswell.

I'm not going to blame the players, it's not their fault coaches and scouts can't see that they aren't fit for the premier league. Our recruitment needs a complete overhaul. We buy players who are too slow, one-dimensional, immobile, ponderous, predictable, cowardly lilly-livered slugs.

We need players who are fast, robust, imaginative, creative, mobile. Everything we are currently not. It's not rocket science.

Anyone with even a slight knowledge of football can see this, why can't those behind our recruitment? It's time to sort it out once and for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.