Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone has to be the counter-balance for what I expect to be an incoming torrent of abuse and fanciful suggestions based on today's performance alone.

Genuinely, I'm even expecting Carlo to get abuse from some corners. In reality, we've been truly dross today, but that is going to still happen from time to time.

It isn't going to be turned around night, especially with the current squad at his disposal.

So, devils advocate, unless he signs 8 or 9 in the summer and drastically overhauls the squad, what do you think can we honestly expect from Carlo next season?

There has to be a line in the sand drawn. We're better than this, we are. I don't care what anyone says. We should be 7th or 8th with this squad, with the manager we have and with the money that's gone in to it. These are not terrible players, by and large.

And even if people argue that they are inadequate, HOW am I seeing Wilder, Nuno, Dyche and Hodgson get their teams motivated and organised to work miracles almost week in week out with comparable or inferior squads.

Ours are players lacking confidence and possibly guidance / leadership, in a system that (still) does not suit them.

We sacked Silva, rightly, because the results being served up were not good enough. We wouldn't have gone down with him.

We wouldn't have troubled the European spots either, mind. But we would've been safe. Probably somewhere about where we are now.

I expected better from Carlo and i'll continue to do so. The squad is not THIS bad. He must do better and we must continue to demand more otherwise we'll continue to lower and adjust our standards.

The need for speed and energy in that team is paramount in the next transfer window, Chelsea ran rings around us the whole game. We have so many plodders it's untrue, Sigurdsson, Davies, Schneiderlin, Keane, even Gomes is slow, but technically worth persevering with.

Terrible performance all round, Chelsea were better than us, plain and simple.
Hard one to take in the manner of how it happens but I really hope that games like these highlight to Carlo and Moshiri of what players MUST be moved on in summer.
Let’s hope this reality check provokes some form of reaction for Liverpool (I don’t live in hope) but I find it less exhausting to just dust down after games like this and move on to the next one

Status
Not open for further replies.