Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Siggurdsson played better than Walcott last Sunday nea and people think Iwobi is gash on the wing so the options are limited here.
I think Siggy narrows things up more in the middle than other wingers which might be why he gets the nod

I dont agree with us being relativley strong today in comparison with Chelsea. They can put out any team in their core of 15/16 first team players and they'll beat us.

Two things:

1/ our players are not of a great quality apart form 1 or 2.
2/ the mentality of our loit is pathetic. They're beaten before they go out and they'll use our poor away fecord against a financial elite team to collapse.

I definitely agree on point 2. But worse teams than ours have beaten or stifled this Chelsea team this season. In fact beaten stronger Chelsea sides given their injuries at the moment.
They looked great against Liverpool midweek but they had to play a different game by sitting in and pressing when needed. Today they’ll be expected to be on top and we should use that to our advantage.

Can see that midfield getting the run around tbh from Barkley Mount and Gilmour. Just a good job Kante isn’t fit FFS.

I am liking that Ancelotti doesn’t seem to see value in shoehorning in a defensive midfielder. He just puts his best ballers out in a 442 (plus Siggurdson for some bizarre reason)

Status
Not open for further replies.