Cheers dad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dar was prolly a kopite, thats why he bailed before I was born and has never bothered since!!!!

My Auntie took me to Goodison and Anfield in my younger days, shes a kopite, I said I didnt wanna go Anfield anymore and to her credit she took me to Goodison from then on and that as they, was that.
Your aunty proves that despite all evidence to the contrary, there ARE some good koppites

Born in 1959, yes I am old! Dad was a massive blue (interestingly his Dad was a Kopite!) took me to my first game in 1966 against Blackpool reserves at Goodison! First Wembley trip in 1968 aged 8!
The rest, as they say is history, and great great memories!

Well documented my old man was a dyed in the wool Red, never once forced anything on me (despite the amount of times he’d take me to games at the Pit) and allowed me to choose my own football religion even if it it did hurt him. The bug started in the 93/94 season but grew into total affection the following season and utter devotion the first time my uncle took me to the Old Lady in 96

FA Cup final 1966 aged 11. Stuck with them through thin and thinner. And yes... thanks dad. Wouldn’t have it any other way... in fact his last words to me on his deathbed were to ask how Everton had got on. They were playing United the following day but I never got to tell him the result. Priceless and memorable in equal measure.

Wasn't even born when we last touched a trophy. Just always been a blue from my dad and I wouldn't change a thing. All these knobs banging on EVERTON ARENT WE NSNO NO AMBISHUN. Bollards to all of that, I'm just thankful and happy to be an Evertonian. I wouldn't change Everton for the world, I just love them.

So yeah, cheers dad too.

I got a gift of a Ryan Giggs "King of the Wing" shirt from a family member. I was about 4 I think. Came home with it on.

Dad made me change and hand it to him. He then set fire to it on the BBQ. Told me it was Everton or nothing.

Cheers Dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.