Transfer Rumour Che Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 3 relegated sides scored more than this team last season
Only Wolves out the whole league scored less.

This lad is very poor at the attribute we need the very most.
You thought Maupay would do it yet here we are.

GOALS COLUMN mate ....needs fixing Che Adams does not fix it.
Dont expect him to be amazing but i have to think he would do better than maupay's 1 goal last season. His play could help the wide players by creating more space i expect more goals to be shared around the team this season. Harrison,mcneil,danjuma, iwobi also would like to think the club is using the money for another wide forward gnonto or another

Does anyone feel Che Adams would have scored any of the chances Neal Maupay missed against Fulham? Would he have made a difference in that game? Because what we need is a forward that can convert the chances we create, not more of the same.

Was linked regularly this time last year so make no mistake this is a Thelwell signing.

I think he's o.k actually, will work hard and chip in with 7-8 goals. Mind you I thought all that on Maupay a year ago....

As usual these days could do better could do a lot worse.....

At least him, Danjuma and DCL can get through to January with team hopefully 5 + points clear of 17th.

If you look outside the premier league they may get shocked and find someone who could score more
Maybe they might..maybe not.
They have got a lad from Portugal who may be a hit.
But no guarantees either. The rs paid 70 million or so on one that got 9 goals , Newcastle similar on one that got 10.
West ham paid over 30 for one who couldn't score in soho .
We are severely restricted financially and we aren't going to buy a dead cert.

Inappropriate Language
He’s scored 25 goals in the premier league, never getting double figures.

He’s nothing like a focal point, he’s a nuisance like Marcus Bent.
Quite. He runs around a bit and very occasionally gets on the end of a few bits and pieces. He's essentially sh1t. Just another cr@p signing that will go through very quickly because nobody else wants him and Southampton will rip our arms off for £12 freaking million.

He got 13 G/A in all comps last year, in a much worse side than us? He can do it, there’s the evidence.

Again Southampton were a much worse side and in utter turmoil on and off the pitch, you could throw Haaland in there and he’d probably not have saved them. Adams would have much better players working with him here in Danjuma, Harrison, McNeil, Doucoure and maybe Dele playing off him.
5G 3A in the Prem

Scored 4 against cambridge and lincoln
That's evidence alright, but not the kind you want

I know you're trying to see the bright side but keep in mind Ward Prowse was more creative than any of our players and he still did badly
Haaland would definitely have saved them because he scores goals without running around looking busy

If the club opt for a deeply average and unimaginative choice, why leave it so late in the window?

The recruitment team must be the worst in the premier league by some distance.

Absolutely no strategy or forward planning.

I imagine behind the scenes loads have turned this club down. Toure was reasonably public and he was straight away signing for Atalanta once they showed a clear interest.

So Adams is about Plan F and was looked at last summer and now with Southampton in championship he's easier to obtain than if he was still playing in premier league.

I get the feeling even someone like Michail Antonio would've been looked at before Adams but West Ham haven't signed a CF yet so he's not available.

Add in the clear FFP issues and it's a continual ballache to find a striker unless you get lucky on a complete unknown and perhaps in six months time the Portugese lad can start to make an impact?

It’s all very underwhelming and a complete indictment of where we currently are. Hopefully this means the end of Maupay though, he needs putting out of his misery.

He's a 1 in 5 striker , over 36 games that would give us 7.
Reckon that's the good strike rate we need ?
It's probably as good as we get given what we can spend unless we get lucky yes .
Look at strikers who scored more then 10 last season. 7 or 8strikers off the top of my head . Haaland, kane , Toney, Rashford ( a lot from wide) , Wilson, Watkins, Mitrovic and Rodrigo ?.

Maybe they might..maybe not.
They have got a lad from Portugal who may be a hit.
But no guarantees either. The rs paid 70 million or so on one that got 9 goals , Newcastle similar on one that got 10.
West ham paid over 30 for one who couldn't score in soho .
We are severely restricted financially and we aren't going to buy a dead cert.
Isaak has scored 12 in 23 mate.

Well hopefully the £25m we’re about to drop on a winger can contribute 10 goals; because if he doesn’t same story different year

It's probably as good as we get given what we can spend unless we get lucky yes .
Look at strikers who scored more then 10 last season. 7 or 8strikers off the top of my head . Haaland, kane , Toney, Rashford ( a lot from wide) , Wilson, Watkins, Mitrovic and Rodrigo ?.
That 1 in 5 is over quite a few seasons btw. It's not a one off.
So he comes in and has a slightly less than his own average and scores 5.
We are right back in the thick of it again with yet another bad buy that's tied to the club for 3/4/5 years that nobody wants.

I hate the term "we never learn" but it is definitely right.

Status
Not open for further replies.