Transfer Rumour Che Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if we are reportedly getting Gnonto for 25 and Adams for 12, that's 37mil we could spend on a striker alone for probably the same wage hit
Infinitely better idea imo
Gnonto is a luxury we don't need as much as a good striker
Disagree. Gnonto, like Chermiti now and Onana last year, is being brought in as a player with a high ceiling that will be flogged to the highest bidder in 2 seasons. It’s a model we should have been following long before now.

Adams is a stopgap player for the here and now until the above bears fruit.

It was always going to be Che Adams. It’s a signing that reflects where we are at the moment.
He isn’t as bad as some think, he’s just not exciting. What he will do is work hard and make himself a nuisance - and he will bag maybe half a dozen goals.
If we end the window with the Portuguese kid, Danjuma, Young, Harrison, Adams and (hopefully) Gnonto we’re stronger in attack than last year.
I still think we need another CB but if we end the window with the above it’s much more than I was expecting. I was fully prepared for a summer of sod all.
agree and lets hope we get both Adams / Gnonto done like next week hopefully no / less stress on deadline day for crucial targets.
what is also refreshing is that most players fit in with Dyche: Harrison, Adams for sure. But also some more flair players like Gnonto / Danjuma

go get them Kev

Whatever...

I think most of us are angry that we bid now, if Adams was always a target why only get him now? He could have had a preseason

That fact that we have only bid now means he is obviously plan B or even Plan C or D. We have failed

How do you know? Are you involved in the negotiations?

The Simms that Coventry fans are already a bit bemused by you mean?

OK.

So........ Better not sign anyone as cover then?

Ace.
Bloody ell mate you must be pissing yourself with excitement....2 years we've waited for a forward and this is the best we come up with..

An average striker improves this team, mate. Also, he's more of a target guy, so he is more suited than Maupay.
We will see....a lot was said about maupay too when we signed him. 2 years of searching for a striker and getting this guy...not convinced and probably the most underwhelming but yet expected signing since maupay. No imagination, no scouting, nothing...

It was always going to be Che Adams. It’s a signing that reflects where we are at the moment.
He isn’t as bad as some think, he’s just not exciting. What he will do is work hard and make himself a nuisance - and he will bag maybe half a dozen goals.
If we end the window with the Portuguese kid, Danjuma, Young, Harrison, Adams and (hopefully) Gnonto we’re stronger in attack than last year.
I still think we need another CB but if we end the window with the above it’s much more than I was expecting. I was fully prepared for a summer of sod all.
Me too, actually think the window hasn't been that bad so far. We also have to remember that so far the only players who have left are players the club didn't want.

Think most people don't realise that Adams is purely cover for DCL and a player to take pressure off the Portuguese kid (who is probably bought to replace DCL in the future). Just no one expects DCL to play. We're never going to afford a striker as good as DCL, when he's fit.

We aren't going to be able to afford a striker as good as DCL. Hopefully if we sign Adams (4 clubs in for him) he'll do a job for us.

Whatever...

I think most of us are angry that we bid now, if Adams was always a target why only get him now? He could have had a preseason

That fact that we have only bid now means he is obviously plan B or even Plan C or D. We have failed
Desperate... that's how we ended up with the midget

Status
Not open for further replies.