Changing pitch size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thobakk

Player Valuation: £25k
My RS friend told me the other day that we used to / use to change our pitch-size depending on opponents, narrowing the pitch when the bigshots came to visit. And this was well-known trickery in our club. Couldnt find Anything on the web on this and cant remember ever hearing this before. Anyone know?

My RS friend told me the other day that we used to / use to change our pitch-size depending on opponents, narrowing the pitch when the bigshots came to visit. And this was well-known trickery in our club. Couldnt find Anything on the web on this and cant remember ever hearing this before. Anyone know?

A lot of clubs did the same thing mate i believe, narrowed the pitch for when Arsenal came for example

We did it for the season i remember. I think it was either Kendall or smith that done that to make teams play through the middle more and therefore into out world class midfield to pick them off.

Don't think you can change game by game, but 97 it may have been that we done that.

All clubs did.

Rules these days is that all clubs declare the size of their pitch before the start of the season and they cant change it.

I remember a European Cup game where Rangers or Celtic allowed their opponents to train on the pitch the day before the game and then narrowed it overnight..

Status
Not open for further replies.